What do you think of my article about Utilizing Fear as a Tool.

1. rbe0 profile image58
    rbe0posted 6 years ago

What do you think of my article about Utilizing Fear as a Tool.

I would value your opinion.

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 6 years ago

I haven't seen it yet, but psychological warfare is one of the most effective means of destroying the enemy known to man. It can demoralize or enrage, scare or madden - it can be permenant, temporary or even shrugged off. Take films like Clockwork Orange - young man listening to his favourite composer but scared sh*tless when a drug used on him (while listening to him) makes him feel violently sick.

An excellent tool - used worldwide to make sure people get the original talker's message across. I'll be sure to look at the Hub, then give feedback on it ^_^

3. Alexander Pease profile image59
    Alexander Peaseposted 6 years ago

It is a good guideline to starting the war on addiction. However, another possibility to consider is that people become addicted out of comfort. Much of the 20th century was about finding comfort in surroundings, and to some it may be a comfort to use psychodelic drugs.

Addiction roots deeper, as you mention, but can also be as insignificant as an addiction to coffee, (because at the heart of coffee is the drug caffeine). From a young age we are taught to become addicts. Parents model behaviors which children then follow, "dad drinks coffee every morning, so I should too," or, "mom smokes a pack a day, so it must not be all that bad for you." This logic can become more fatally flawed in children that grow up around "hard" drug addicted parents.

This hub has a good basic definition, protocol, and structure that addressing the harmful effects of addiction, along with how to tackle to problem. However, a follow up hub would be a good idea in highlighting some of the finer points, and forming a conclusion around your ideas, (such as what the legalization of drugs for "medical uses", like marjuana, would do to addiction).