jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe in the Sanctity of Life? If so, How do you demonstrate that belie

1. Born2care2001 profile image75
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

Do you believe in the Sanctity of Life? If so, How do you demonstrate that belief?

2. KelsieGriggs profile image61
    KelsieGriggsposted 6 years ago

Yes I believe in the sanctity of life.  I demonstrate this with my love of nature as well as my love for others.  Is there a specific area of this subject which you would like my opinion on or is this meant in a general way?  Thank you for the interest!

3. Astra Nomik profile image41
    Astra Nomikposted 6 years ago

I'd like a definition of that before it should be answered ....

4. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

I believe in the sanctity of the soul. This life is merely the landscape through which it is passing, the body merely its vehicle for the passage.

5. Born2care2001 profile image75
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

Thank you all for responding! I am dumbfounded and fascinated by your answers and questions. Dumbfounded that I did not consider multiple aspects of the same question and fascinated that there were similar requests for clarification.
    Please forgive my oversight!
    When I asked about the sanctity of life I was not referring to common social issues like abortion, euthanasia, stem cell research et al. As important as those topics are, I was referring more to what I should have termed the "Sanctity of Living," what we do in the here and now to preserve our privilege of this life.
    My view is that our global society seems to be apathetic about the life we already possess. Generally, we poison our systems with food that is less nutritional all the time, knowingly and unknowingly. We war over possessions and power and our governments seem to care less and less about the growing polarization of humanity. Our laws are ever morphing into cause for concern when those who take a life are treated more justly than the lives of those who were unjustly extinguished.
    This is not about any religious ideology, it is just a question asked in the hopes that someone would share an idea about how they view living and the contributions they make to help others live!
    I personally have dedicated the rest of my life to encourage people to consider the contribution(s) they make to themselves and to others in the spirit of preserving that life.
    Thank you all for asking for clarification! I greatly appreciate it!