jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How should rapists be treated?

1. dadibobs profile image60
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

How should rapists be treated?

Should they receive a custodial sentence? chemical or physical castration?
    What do you guys think?

2. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

The same exact way they treat their victims Xs 3 .......... Extremely Ballzy without THOUght, CONsideration or CONcious

3. poetvix profile image70
    poetvixposted 6 years ago

Research excluding all but that coming out of the RCC shows the highest recidivism rates out there.  With that said, rape is an act of aggression, dominance, dehumanization and power.  Keeping that in mind, chemical castration and/or physical castration will not work, which has also been shown by the data.  These sadistic offenders when limited in such ways turn to objects to replace their tool of choice.  I think permanent incarceration with other rapist and them only is the answer.  Let them perpetrate their crimes on others like themselves.  Further, make them work to pay for it.  I don’t want my tax money going to feed them, clothe them, house them or anything else but remove them.

4. dadibobs profile image60
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

Would finding a medication to remove or reduce their libido not work? Many drugs out their reduce a persons sex drive, could one of these not be used?

5. Zainnisar profile image41
    Zainnisarposted 6 years ago

For serial rapist and others who do such things for fun or show that they can do whatever they like should be hanged but if victim is willing to show a little Merci for any reason Poetvix's solution is advisable.

6. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I am a therapist working with Juvenile S.O.'s. right now. Poetvix is right on with her answer. Castration will not work as this particular body part is not necessary for committing an offense. We would have to get rid of fingers, tongues, toys, and other things as well. Medication can reduce libido, but it does not eliminate it. Most offenders can and want to change. Intensive therapy and close supervision is appropriate for them. There are definitely a group who cannot. They need to be locked up...period.

7. lostdogrwd profile image59
    lostdogrwdposted 6 years ago

they should be rape by pron stars with over size dildo in a public place for all to see

working