jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What would you class as success?

1. swb64 profile image60
    swb64posted 6 years ago

What would you class as success?

Wealth, health, relationship, parenting, etc...

2. dadibobs profile image61
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

Watching my kids grow up into normal, well balanced, healthy people smile

3. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Generally achieving any goal would be a success. It doesn't matter how important something may be or how unimportant to others, one has ones own personal successes and failures everyday.

For me, being blind, crossing a busy street or getting a good grade in my latest class or on a paper give me the feeling of success.

4. profile image0
    ChuckGposted 6 years ago

Doing something that makes you happy. I wrote articles for $30 a piece for a marketing firm. The work was arduous. I had to collect 10 photos per article. The pay however for those few months very good.

However I now work for Zaffit.com and the pay is considerably less. I however recap television shows, write about movies and diss out celebrity news. It's a dream job! My ideology about success is not in $$ but in happiness!

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think success is gauged by how we feel about whatever we have done in life.  Whether parenting, career. etc. - the question is are you happy, are you contented when you look at what you have tried to accomplish?

I feel very much successful at parenting and raising children.   My personal accomplishments though, leave a lot to be desired.  I have not written what I wanted to write, I have not taken care of myself as I should have. 

So I guess it is a multi-faceted question.  I think when one can look at what they have attempted and feel good about it, that would be success.

6. NiaLee profile image61
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

Being peace, love, happiness and being established financially.
    Relationship wise I advise prudence, because trying to figure out and work things out with those who are not possible or simply too difficult could suck the blood out of you.
    This is why we call some people and situation vampires!

7. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 6 years ago

Success is fulfilling the purpose for which you were created. People were created by the Lord Jesus Christ to worship, serve, love, and have fellowship with Him forever (Revelation 4:11).     
    Sadly, the transgression of God's commands has prevented man from fulfilling that purpose. Only by receiving God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord can a person begin to fulfill his created purpose and have true happiness and peace of heart and mind. The Lord wishes this for each of those who believe on His Son Jesus Christ: "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1Th 5:23)"

8. Chatkath profile image77
    Chatkathposted 6 years ago

What a great question, success can mean so many different things to so many different people! To me, at this point in my life, success is the ability to keep growing, continually learning. I always liked the phrase "If you are not moving forward, you're moving backward". Trying new things and adapting a more open mind allows us to potentially have the most wonderful experience of our life, however, if we never get our feet wet, we will not know how it feels to walk in the water. Take a deep breath and that first tiny step towards your own unique goals--don't ever stop wondering why.

Success is not always about what one has achieved but how hard they have tried~

9. formosangirl profile image81
    formosangirlposted 6 years ago

It all depends on what you are looking for. A friend of mine has no interest in any relationships. So, a non-existent relationship is still successful. However, everyone is given different factors. One might have a hard upbringing, but then you find out that others were in public housing and food stamp. Some might have pre-existing health conditions and seem quite healthy on the surface. Prime example is a relative of mine who is doctor herself but at some point in her life she needs a heart valve replacement. Some want children; some don't. Some have healthy children who are also normal. Some have healthy children with behavior issues. Others do not have healthy children. Some people are more ambitious than others. Some have changed their goals in life.

10. shazwellyn profile image55
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Success is very individual.  It is about self actualization - achieving happiness.  When you have achieved happiness and contentment - you have achieved a successful life.

So, the first question is... what makes you happy?  Let me leave you with the following quote from Vanilla Sky (movie):

'It's been a brilliant journey of self-awakening.

And now you've simply got to ask yourself this...

What is happiness to you, David?

I want to live a real life.

I don't want to dream any longer.  ,,,

Do you remember what you told me once?

That every passing minute...

is another chance to turn it all around. '

If you want to answer your happiness question and become successful, this article might help you make your own discoveries...

http://shazwellyn.hubpages.com/hub/Psyc … ople-Happy

11. medina143 profile image66
    medina143posted 6 years ago

Success depends on the individual. I believe success is when a person is able to attain their goals. Whether it be financial goals, interpersonal relationships, parenting, or any specific goals. Being able to attain them is being successful , you have set your mind onto something and have reached it.

Contentment also plays a major role, are you satisfied with the decisions you make and the destinations you have reached? If so than you should be able to consider yourself successful! smile

I personally believe "Success is measured by the obstacles and adversities you overcome" not by financial status and material objects.

12. Tia Messier profile image59
    Tia Messierposted 6 years ago

Success is in the heart of the obtainer...thus for each person it feels different. For myself, success is found in realizing my identity as a child of God. I have never felt such peace as when I am content BEING, not DOING. Success! big_smile

13. DougBerry profile image81
    DougBerryposted 6 years ago

Nobody's perfect except me.  Here are 5 sure-fire ways to gain success in Life, the Universe, and Everything.  The answer may be 42, it may be Pi.  You won't know until you read this great advice. read more