jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would you do if the radio declared 15-20 minutes to prepare for an imminent

1. MrMaranatha profile image81
    MrMaranathaposted 6 years ago

What would you do if the radio declared 15-20 minutes to prepare for an imminent disaster?

You are at a Huge Mega Store,  that has a Super Center Next door... With only the notice of a national Broadcast that a disaster was going occur and that there was an estimated 10-15 minutes to "Seek Shelter"...  What would you Grab, What would you do? Try to List or number things in order of importance to you...

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

I'd grab me some chino's and a banjo....

3. MrMaranatha profile image81
    MrMaranathaposted 6 years ago

1) Grab a Cart
    2) Bottles of water
    3) Large SOG, Gerber or Buck hunting Knife
    4) Utility tool (I already keep a Leatherman Wave with its knife  on my belt 24/7/365 anyway)
    5) Clorox (Water purification)
    6) Fine Plastic mesh screen  (For Sprouting Seeds)
    7) Quart plastic bottle with wide mouth and lid
    8) Bunch of seeds for sprouting (natural foods Isle or Pet food isle)
    9) Other food stuffs to be eaten for next few days while waiting for the sprouts to happen.
    10) Plastic Tarps
    11) 550 Cord
    12) .22 cal rifle and several large boxes of Hollow Points.

In the event it is suspected Nuclear i would probably then try to either go into the basement of the building, or Underneath the the Tin Sheet Roofing stacks...  If that was not possible I would find the best area to hunker down under as much bulky Cement bags etc as I could and try to stay there for at least a week or two.

But if I thought that I was near .. say just a few miles away from an important military base, and that there would be a direct nuclear hit near me... I would do things entirely different... In that case I would quickly climb up onto the roof and watch it with no protection at all... Better to die quickly from the blast.. than to die of radiation sickness weeks later... at long last.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Grab the water proof survival kit bag and all of the weapons I can carry. A week's worth of clothes, toothpaste, toothbrush, bottles of water, flash lights, battery's for the flash lights, candles, matches, lighters, dried food, beef jerky, more beef jerky, laptop, laptop plug in, cell phone, my flash drive, four pocket knives, six throwing knives, two hand guns, and a gun.
    I need to write a hub about the perfect survival kit....