jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why is Fox considered so bad?

1. dadibobs profile image61
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

2. melbel profile image97
    melbelposted 6 years ago

They don't investigate the information that they portray as truth. They also skew statistics.

3. dadibobs profile image61
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

Ah, i understand now lol, i think here in England the only thing we get from Fox is the Simpsons!

Thanks for replying smile

4. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I consider Fox news to be very biased and opinionated with a major slant to the right wing. I do watch or listen to it from time to time just to get a chuckle. smile

5. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

Dadibobs asks this question,

Judging from his avitar, he appears to be British.  Does he mean the Fox TV network?  Do they even get Fox TV in Europe?  Is he asking about their news?  Finally, is Fox TV considered bad?

How can the network that gave us American Idol be bad?

6. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

Because they pump out propoganda, and have endless opinion shows hosted by whackjobs that are passed up as news.

7. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

All the major US news organizations are biased. They in fact are growing more politicized, not less. Most of them are liberal, as they have been since FDR. Fox is detested by the liberal establishment, and by its bleating sheep among the people, because it swings the other way, but just because it doesn't toe their party line doesn't make it worse than the ones that do, it makes it the enemy, and so it catches liberals' slings and arrows where the others get a pass. There really is nothing more than that to it.

8. liftandsoar profile image80
    liftandsoarposted 6 years ago

Fox is considered bad only by those who share the liberal leanings of the major broadcast networks.  Total objectivity is a myth, so no matter what you're listening to, you need to evaluate for yourself what to believe. However, I've found Fox both reliable and entertaining.  Attikos is right on!

9. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

The Fox television network (that carries the simpsons) isn't the one that is hated by a lot of people (unless you're a fan of Joss Whedon). But rather, it is the Fox News network that gets all the attention. It gets this attention because it claims to be 'fair and balanced' when their affiliation with the right wing of politics is so over-the-top that it is impossible to miss. Any guests that are even remotely affiliated with the opposite party are bullied and ridiculed, making it painful to watch if you also happen to be on the opposite side of the political spectrum. They also peddle fear like it was going out of style, over-exaggerate the president's policies (death panels, really?) and fail to report on anything good that the left wing has done over the last century. The idea of a 'liberal media' is a myth, developed by the conservative media to discredit news organizations that report FACTS. Facts have a tendency to be liberal because they expose all the things that corporations don't want you to know. Ultimately, Fox News would be a lot better off if it just dropped the "fair and balanced" tagline.

working