jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who will be the Republican nominee?

1. hubba-hubba profile image60
    hubba-hubbaposted 6 years ago

Who will be the Republican nominee?

2. hawkdad73 profile image69
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

I really hate to say it, but I honestly think it will be Romney.  Aside from Iowa, he's been the clear front runner.

3. Rock_nj profile image94
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

At this point it appears to be Romney.  Not sure who can take it from him now.  If he goes 3 for 3 in South Carolina, it is very unlikely he will lose the nomination. 

It's not like some skeleton is going to come out of the closest and hurt Romney's primary effort.  Everything is pretty much known about him, expect for his taxes, which he refuses to release.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

Romney.  It was always going to be Romney.  But by the time the Republicans are done, he is absolutely going to be unelectable. 

The Democrats went through much the same last time, but theirs was historic: a woman or a Black man for the first time.  Another old, white man is hardly worth fighting over.

5. imichelle profile image75
    imichelleposted 6 years ago

I agree with Kathleen that Romney was always going to be the choice.  Everyone else was just thrown in to make the primaries interesting.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think Kathleen Cochran has called it.  It will be Romney but he will likely be unelectable.  So Obama will win again and will have another 4 years of__________fill in the blank.

working