jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What does Newt Gingrich's win in SC say about evangelical voters?

1. cprice75 profile image90
    cprice75posted 6 years ago

What does Newt Gingrich's win in SC say about evangelical voters?

2. emmaspeaks profile image74
    emmaspeaksposted 6 years ago

Obviously, that being a hypocrite by campaigning on "family values" but being a horrible model for it is okay. I think morals don't even enter into the picture here. It's all about raking in the cash.

3. Inventurist profile image77
    Inventuristposted 6 years ago

I would have to say either they found his laments about asking for and receiving forgiveness genuine, or to some extent they recognize he is offering his repentance as an expression of his faith. "Evangelical voters" being classed as "any Christian" may miss the mark as well. Some yankee asking if you go to church and vote may well get you pigeon-holed as an "evangelical" where if you are from the South, going to church is more about which one (even though it may only mean either Easter or Christmas). I love the fact that Christians confuse the media in any form. I look forward to how it is handled when the go to Florida where the "old center and panhandle" are much like the rest of the South, the beaches and Orlando/Disney are much like the North, and Palm Beach to Miami/Dade is a combination of the Bronx, Manhattan, and little Havana.

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

They're reptillian?

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

This is a great question.  Personally, I think it says that they are all talk and no walk.  This is a man who, among other immoral things, cheated on his wife then left her to marry his mistress.  This is not Christian behavior, and it appears that those who voted for him decided to set their religious beliefs aside.  Is this the type of person we really want to have as our President?

working