jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think it's more important? Being a volunteer or give money for a cau

1. alexatomas profile image66
    alexatomasposted 6 years ago

What do you think it's more important? Being a volunteer or give money for a cause?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Depends on which you have in abundance:  Money or time.  Neither one, if it's root hog or die time and you're scrambling to keep your own life together.

3. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

My motto is: Be the change you want to see in the world.

I love volunteering, but when I can't help personally, I give money to the ones that can. And I'm grateful because I can give both.

4. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

I think the needs of the charity or nonprofit organization determine whether volunteering or donations would most greatly benefit their cause.

Many organizations have sufficient revenue to support their operations but are in desperate need of additional man power to help meet the needs of the clients they serve. While others may have an ample rotation of volunteers; but struggle financially due to budget cuts and restraints.

Seasons also affect an organization's need for volunteers or donations depending on their cause. Many have great demands during the holidays, summer, and winter months.

I suggest contacting the organization that you are interested in supporting to determine what their greatest need is.

5. feenix profile image62
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Ideally, one would do volunteer work and give money for a cause.

Also, doing either-or is quite okay, in my opinion. Both far exceed not making any kind of a donation or contribution at all.

6. Craig Snedeker profile image82
    Craig Snedekerposted 6 years ago

Neither. Both are extremely useful, and everybody might be called to do one or the other.. or both. But I think both are extremely generous things to do!