jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Will Japan die?

1. rmcrayne profile image98
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Will Japan die?

How long will it take Japanese people and land to die from the effects of their radiation contamination due to the earthquake?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Not everyone was close to the contamination. Japanese culture is one of survival and I don't think anything would ever make Japan die.  The remnants of a ruined society would pick up the pieces and soldier on until they rebuilt their nation.

3. Bmm209 profile image58
    Bmm209posted 6 years ago

It's not affecting that much of Japan as people may think. It was mostly around Minamisanriku, Ishinomaki, and Rikuzentakata. Japan is larger than people think. It's only a little smaller than California in terms of land.

4. lowelashubby profile image60
    lowelashubbyposted 6 years ago

Although there was a lot of media hype over those effected by the Tsunami, most of Japan was largely unaffected. I have some close friends who live in Japan, and one of them even went as far as to state, "You Americans are making a bigger deal out of the Tsunami than we Japanese are".

1. rmcrayne profile image98
      rmcrayneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My question was about the short- and long-term effects of the radiation.  I think your friends are na├»ve, though I wish them the best.

5. sara xiao profile image58
    sara xiaoposted 6 years ago

smile No one know it .I think Japan is awful many years ago when they attacked China. I just can not understand how can they do it? I think it is very hateful seriously.

working