jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What's the latest thing you've undertaken to be more sustainable, green or envir

1. rickzimmerman profile image80
    rickzimmermanposted 6 years ago

What's the latest thing you've undertaken to be more sustainable, green or environmentally friendly?

Recycled? Bicycled? Reused? Stopped using? Planted? Changed your ways? Or is it all bunk and hype?

2. Melis Ann profile image92
    Melis Annposted 6 years ago

Preserving the rainforest by buying bird-friendly certified coffee. There is a lot of bunk out there, but if you're going to drink coffee make it count toward sustainable practices!

3. arusho profile image59
    arushoposted 6 years ago

Diverting my downspouts so that the rainwater runoff flows into the ground, where it can be filtered and cleaned, instead washing debris down the street and into the storm drains.

4. donnaisabella profile image79
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

Recycled stuff around the house, Reused things around the house, stopped receiving paper bills etc., changed how I use water and electricity. it is not all bunk and hype, it is necessary for our world.

5. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I bought some reusable shopping bags and have started using them. I'm not quite engrained in the habit yet as I forget them at home sometimes and then feel so guilty. But I'm trying.

I have always recycled and will continue to do so.

I do not believe this is all bunk or hype at all. Whatever we can do to protect our environment for future generations I think we should definitely do.

6. Windsweptplains profile image70
    Windsweptplainsposted 6 years ago

Actually, reusing things seems to be the best way for me to become more green. Finding new uses for things that otherwise would have been thrown away is a great way to help the planet. Glass bottles can be reused (just save the cap), plastic containers, and plastic/paper bags. I've even made some decorations out of recycled items.

Hopefully, I will be able to plant in the summer. There are always more ways to save energy and reduce waste!

7. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 6 years ago

There is a great website - www.recycle.net that is a real eye opener.  I have always recycled but where I live now - they do not and it really gets me angry.  I reuse plastic bags - decorative metal containers - some plastic containers - and  at some stores I use a recycleable bag.  I have always used white vinegar to clean windows - buy cage free eggs - had wrote a Hub - Waste or Want?  Good Question.

working