jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Can President Obama win in 2012?

1. montecristo profile image81
    montecristoposted 6 years ago

Can President Obama win in 2012?

2. yols-a profile image60
    yols-aposted 6 years ago

I believe he can but I feels it's still to early to say because again it's about the people what's the percentage who are really disappointed with his perfomance, can they swing their vote, well simply the polls in time would be your guide.

3. Freeway Flyer profile image91
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

Yes he can, particularly given the weak Republican options. It pretty much will come down to the economy. If the improvement of recent months continues, he will be in pretty good shape. But if something happens to disrupt the growth, he could be in trouble. The ironic thing is that it will have little to with anything he actually does over the next nine months. It mostly comes down to circumstances out of his control.

4. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

No, Obama and the demwits have delivered so bad a performance in office they can't win. The retardicans, however, can hand them the election, and appear to be well on the way to doing so.

5. Angela Kane profile image77
    Angela Kaneposted 6 years ago

Definitely, there are no other candidates that are as good as President Obama. Mitt, Newt and Rick do not have any plans or solutions. Talking about what the other person is not doing is not solution to problems. They also seem to be saying what everyone wants to hear, I have not heard any concrete ideas from any of the other candidates just more lies.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

CAN  he win?   He  has "won" in in the past.  Do not sell him short of " winning" again. 

Is his " winning' in the best interest(s) of the country?   

"winning" is not about the candiate, it is about the people...............

If you fail to grasp this.........we are doomed.

Let us,come now, and debate.

7. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Of course Obama can win in 2012.

It is just that I hope he does not win. As a matter of fact, I would like to see him lose by a landslide.

And the reason why I feel that way is, I have been living for nearly seven decades and can remember all of the presidents going all the way back to Eisenhower -- and, by far, Obama is the least qualified person to hold the nation's highest office during modern times.

Worst of all, he is a very poor leader when it comes to commanding America's military forces and overseeing the country's foreign affairs. His incompetence in those areas is going to cause the U.S. to get into a whole lot of trouble.

8. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

Yes he can win because enough people will realize that all of the Republican candidates will go right to work at finishing the destruction of our nation that they started under Bush II.

I don't know what gets into the left (probably that they are the right posing as the left). They deserve what they are going to get if the Republicans take over our government and let an extremist minority (the tea party) control this nation.

He can win because he is now being exposed as a president who has gotten a LOT done to clean up some of the mess. Congress, right now, has a lower approval rating than Bin Laden.

Obama got Bin Laden and put  an end to our obsession with finding him.

So, web trolling right wing and Koch Bros operatives: Trash Obama and boost the Republicans all you want. The rest of us are sick and tired of Republicans for the second presidential election in a row.

We're not as sick of Obama, and that is how he can win. Get the billionaire supported welfare state circus freaks out of the House and Senate and he will be able to do much more in his second term.

9. thoughtwoman profile image58
    thoughtwomanposted 6 years ago

I know he will win in 2012. Look at the pool of Republican contenders right now and consider the options. He's served out his term with most of the Republicans aiming to make him a one-term president, so they haven't made it easy for him. I think he needs more time in office to turn things around. We're slowly seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm going to vote for him again and give him another chance.

10. profile image0
    onlookerposted 6 years ago

It is a possibility, yes! I am optimistic.

11. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 6 years ago

Yes, and the way the current GOP field looks right now, with Newt and Santorum being completely incapable of appealing to the sacred "independents," Romney's lack of ability to rouse the enthusiasm of many Republicans, and the current (if it continues) economic upswing, Obama is looking like he has a really good chance to win again.

working