jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why U S citizen can't see that debt and tax are the same

1. lostdogrwd profile image61
    lostdogrwdposted 6 years ago

Why U S citizen can't see that debt and tax are the same

why people in the U S can't see that debt  is a tax. the conservative party lie to the people when they said no tax raise and keep putting this country in record debt

2. profile image0
    Hellazeppposted 6 years ago

I don't understand the first sentence; my understanding is that debt is having less than zero dollars, or having more money to pay off through loans or whatever than one's income can provide. You're right in the second sentence, though. More money has to come in to the government to pay off debt. As to why U.S. citizens don't fully understand this is because of a combination of self-serving attitudes, short-sightedness, and superficial compassion. Everyone wants America to be prosperous, but they don't want to do anything to obtain such state.

3. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

I thought inflation was the hidden tax and that there was corporate debt profiteering by
    'vulture' funds that sue for full repayment of debts that they have bought up cheaply.

All government spending represents a tax.

Willard "Mittens" Romney worked as a vulture capitalist for Bain Capital until 1999.

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Are you a national, on here, on some visa, or are you one, whose family  has paid taxes for generations?

Are you paying the tax dollar, or living upon it............

Yes, it matters.