jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe that drug-use is causing so much unhappiness that something radic

1. Africanus profile image60
    Africanusposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that drug-use is causing so much unhappiness that something radical needs to be done?

Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and now Whitney Houston. What else needs to happen to get us to really ACT on drug?

2. kittyjj profile image73
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think the whole world should work together to stop the drugs.  The drugs have claimed enough innocent lives to prove their killing power.

3. colpolbear profile image95
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

I don't see the problem to be that not enough is being done to deter drug use.  The problem seems to be more that individuals find ways around what's being done.  It's to the point where drug trafficking and personal use will need to be stopped on the individual basis.  If I really wanted to go inject heroine, there's not a doubt in my mind that I could find a way.  It would take invasions of privacy to otherwise stop drug use ("1984" cameras in everyone's homes and everywhere else.)

These individuals, on the other hand, had lots and lots of money.  In reality, they're poor representations of the human population.  We just focus in on their personal lives more than we do on the lives of average citizens.

4. NarcononVistaBay profile image62
    NarcononVistaBayposted 5 years ago

Definitely yes. The only way the war on drugs would end is by reducing demand and getting educated even on prescription drugs.

If people decide not to try drugs in the first place there would be no market. Of course, the reality is that a great number of people do drugs and it affects society.

The problem needs to be confronted.

working