jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can we ever hope to balance the budget of this country (USA) ?

1. noturningback profile image76
    noturningbackposted 6 years ago

Can we ever hope to balance the budget of this country (USA) ?

How can we balance the budget and pay down the national debt and who would get hit the hardest with cuts? Please explain your answer and perhaps you will get my vote for president ?

2. DeviousOne profile image75
    DeviousOneposted 6 years ago

I believe balancing the budget would be extremely difficult unless there is a drastic change in government spending - where they invest and how they monitor their investments.

There are quite a few countries in the world which are in debt, so it's not unusual for the United States to be in debt, especially with their massive spending. So long as there is such a large investment in the army and military, I believe there will always be a large and growing debt in the US. It's about a return on investment. If the country and it's leaders are prepared to invest, they need to invest somewhere with a positive return on investment - whether it be through foreign investment or within the US through roads and infrastructure.

Massive spending cuts may help, although deciding on different ways the money can be spent would be just as worth while as choosing to spend less. Investing or rather, spending in this case, towards something which is guaranteed to provide a positive return will result in balancing the budget and reducing the overall debt of the US economy. Investing money into banks which are already on the brink of collapse will only lead to wasted funds, especially while the bail out funds are being channeled elsewhere to upper management and executives.

The list of where the money can and should be invested is endless. At the end of the day, it's about where the funds are invested and not spending more than you can afford to pay back. There is a need for a radical change, a government who is prepared to take risks and who is willing to implement and stick with reform.

3. JON EWALL profile image73
    JON EWALLposted 6 years ago

SENATOR COBURN has the answers and plan.In november changes must be made!
    The Senator Coburn report '' WASTE IN GOVERNMENT'' http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.c … 1ba7bc448a

‘’ Back In Black’’ The obama’s stash, do not touch

The government spent $1.6 billion to give cell phones and the COST OF THE SERVICE to poor people.Jobs would have been a better choice!

4. James A Watkins profile image92
    James A Watkinsposted 6 years ago

The budget can be balanced at any time. All it takes is the political will. You cannot spend your way to prosperity. Ron Paul has an excellent scheme for balancing the budget, that involves immediate spending cuts of one trillion dollars. You ask a good question. The answer depends on if someone will come along who will lead, rather than just try to get relected.

5. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

The government's goal is to keep us in slavery, so no.

6. JeniferD profile image60
    JeniferDposted 6 years ago

Well, let me see, if we fire half of congress and make the other half take a pay cut AND sell off the presidential motorcade, convert AF's One and Two into carnival rides at $200 a pop, fire the secret service and replace them with rent-a-cops from Macon GA, rent out the WH for weddings and parties at $500 grand a day and put the First Fam in Military housing in FT Richie MD.  Pulling our Military troops back from all those illegal occupations would save a few hundred million too. Oh, and we need to STOP giving money to foreign countries under the guise of 'aid'.  We know it's just bribe money. That would save quite a bit and maybe be instrumental in balancing the nation's budget.  Just my two cents.