jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you agree with Democrats that are against voter ID rule?

1. dzephaniah profile image60
    dzephaniahposted 6 years ago

Do you agree with Democrats that are against voter ID rule?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6258739_f260.jpg

2. Cassie Smith profile image69
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

NO, the Democrats like to cheat.  It's not hard to get ID to vote.  Otherwise, how else can we verify that citizens are the ones voting.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not, and it has nothing to do with my party affilliation.  You have to show a picture I.D. to do many routine things every day.  Voting is too important not to verify who is doing it.  Those few who don't have picture I.D. can be provided for in another way.  Take their thumb print in case the election turns out to be so close questionable ballots have to be verified.  This is not an impossible problem to solve.  But it is an issue that puts a party's methods and intentions under suspicion.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image62
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do. Voting fraud is a non-issue for one simple reason: there is no financial incentive for anyone to vote fraudulently. The real problem is that too few people bother to vote. The GOP's position is a transparent effort to make it hard for likely democratic voters to cast their ballots--elderly people, students, minorities and others who don't have driver's licenses or other photo I.D. In the interest of strengthening our democracy we should be making it easier, not more difficult to vote.

5. ib radmasters profile image61
    ib radmastersposted 6 years ago

Voting especially during the two Bush elections became very important, down to a paltry few votes. So it is very important to make sure that the people that are voting are meeting the requirements of being a voter.

We require checks on whether someone is old enough to drink, but we don't make checks on voters. That doesn't make sense. We require people of all ages to have a social security number, and use it for many different areas beyond social security.

Even AAA won't believe that you are a member without showing your AAA card.

So why wouldn't it be necessary to check on voters.
    Voting is not open to the public at large, there are requirements that must be met before you are allowed to vote.

How do we know if those requirements are being met by the hundred million voters? There is only one way, and that is to require identification. There is no privacy issue here of what and who they are voting for, only that they be qualified to vote.

There are over ten million illegal aliens in the country, so how do we know that they are not illegally voting?

Motivation for voting by those that are not legally permitted to vote is not the question. The question is whether they are voting or not voting in our elections?

6. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

A lot of citizens don't have the necessary ID for legitimate reasons and it tends to be groups such as minorities, students, the elderly, and low-income people, who traditionally lean Democratic.

Instances of polling place fraud are almost non-existent. Passing these ID laws to prevent a handful of cases of fraud while making it difficult or impossible for millions of people to vote is ridiculous (unless you're a Republican who likes to win by disenfranchising United States citizens).

working