jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

"If you had sole power to choose anyone as president of the United States, Who'd

1. ziyena profile image89
    ziyenaposted 6 years ago

"If you had sole power to choose anyone as president of the United States, Who'd it be and Why?"

2. ptosis profile image70
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't know who because of the present system of the two party 'winner take all' electoral process makes any other person not Dem/Rep invisible. There are only 2 'split states' and until the entire process is up-ended - the only 'true to self' vote in a no 'write-in' ballot is not to vote at all.

But since I would have sole power I would vote myself as dictator - why would I ever give such power away to anybody else?

3. Lions Den Media profile image60
    Lions Den Mediaposted 6 years ago

I would choose me, because I know what needs to be done and I could not trust anyone else to reduce the size, scope and spending of the federal government. I do not want power for more than two terms. If I were to be able to achieve the changes I have set forth in the first 4 years then I'm gone. I would not accept a salary or a pension or healthcare coverage.

There is no reason to do away with the two party system. What YOU voters need to do is take responsibility to know who you are electing and holding them accountable. You also need to adopt some core principles on which you beleive and stick to them.

4. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 6 years ago

I would choose Mitt Romney because he's a real cool dude who can roll with me anytime.