jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should Newt bow out?

1. Mmargie1966 profile image93
    Mmargie1966posted 6 years ago

Should Newt bow out?

Do you think Newt should leave the GOP primary and possibly toss votes over to the more conservative candidate, Rick Santorum?

2. Rommey profile image60
    Rommeyposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not! The continued presence of Newt Gingrich is required to keep highlighting the contradictions and non-existing moral compass of the pseudo-conservatism hijacking the Republican Party. The religionist blemish of the candidates and spurious arguments hiding the hate against a black President, all of which has nothing to do with a desire to help our fellow American, both need to be carried day in and day out in our sensationalist main media so the public cannot excuse themselves pretending not knowing. Newt commentary is valuable in that sense. If he folds and retires from the public light, we might never see the foibles of this cadre. Without Newt, Romney even looks like a statesman and not as a LDS plant. And Santorum like a compassionate conservative. With Newt, Romney reveals himself as he liar he is, turning the argument now and then again, trying to show only what he thinks we want to see and hear, and Santorum will keep spewing the venom of his catholic message like another Franco, the Holy Spaniard, in disguise... We should know the truth about Ron Paul as well... And about the Fascism of the Tea Party...
    Keep Newt in the mix!
    Besides, the handlers and promoters need the jobs and the media the ads…

3. TomLehner profile image58
    TomLehnerposted 6 years ago

I originally supported Newt Gingrich but the way it looks now I think yes he should back out and endorse one of the leading candidates for the Team. Newt can not win anymore that is a fact and neither can Ron Paul, that trenchwarfe only serves Obama and not the GOP and WE CAN NOT AFFORD ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF OBAMA.

So for the team it is time for NEWT and PAUL to bow out, endorse one of the leading candidates and let this be what it already is -- a 2 man race. And than have a big one time contest decide who we send against Obama and give this man the full support.

At this moment I say "anybody but Obama"

4. The Frog Prince profile image77
    The Frog Princeposted 6 years ago

After the results in Alabama and Mississippi the hand writing should be on the wall for Newt. 

5. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 6 years ago

Newt, Ron, Rick (Santorum) and Mitt..... should ALL stay in the race until Tampa..

That way, the wacko wing-nuts can fragment the party interests until there is nothing left but the "shell" of an "organization"..... and there will be NO CHANCE to congeal things so as to get unified behind one candidate in time to unseat incumbent President Obama.....

Mind you, I'm not in love with our current POTUS.... but I'm 'way more concerned that changing to one of those "others" can only set our country back still further!!!!

I LOVE the Republicans... AND, I love their moral, spiritual, vocal leader:  Rush Limbaugh.   Isn't politics a delightful diversion?????

6. J Elaine profile image59
    J Elaineposted 6 years ago

If Newt hates Romney so much, he should bow out. By staying in he's splitting the "not Romney" vote and keeping him the front runner. He doesn't have a chance to either get the nomination or win the election even if he did.