Should TSA airport security scanners be eliminated? Why?

1. LauraGT profile image92
    LauraGTposted 6 years ago

Should TSA airport security scanners be eliminated? Why?

A recent report says they are not safe due to radiations exposure. Some say they're an invasion of privacy.  Others think we need them to protect from terrorists.  What do you think?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6328236_f260.jpg

2. Eugene Hardy profile image60
    Eugene Hardyposted 6 years ago

I did not know there was a problem with the scanners concerning radiation, but that only means they should be replaced with better scanners.

We passed a period in our history when we can not deal without them, when we could consider ourselves safe.   They are a lost of privacy, And yet until we can better love and treat each other with respect they have a place in our culture.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 6 years ago

I think the full body scans are overly invasive, but then again, a bomb could be hidden in an artificial leg. The scans are inconvenient, but they have caught some people trying to sneak explosive materials onto airplanes. So until someone comes up with a better idea, I think we are going to be stuck with them for awhile.

I was traveling once and had my thumb wrapped in a bandage as the result of a dog bite. After patting me down, they took the hand scanner and gave my thumb a good going over. The bandage was such that it could slide off and then back on. I offered to slide it off--but told them it was not pretty. They seem to be satisfied with the scan.

working