What is the single stupidest thing you've ever heard or seen somebody do?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image92
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

What is the single stupidest thing you've ever heard or seen somebody do?

I had a roommate who shot himself in the foot. My mom, who worked in a hospital, came home with stories of people coming into the ER with things shoved up their butts. One guy got a light bulb up there.

2. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

One of my mates got banned from a nightclub for a month for trying to steal a 'Fire Exit' sign. He tried to smuggle it out by stuffing it down his jeans, the bouncers caught him and chucked him out. As he started walking home, I pointed out that his jeans were ripped, and everybody could see his ass hanging out as he walked down the street. But he didn't care, he was completely drunk.

3. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

I know someone who tried to forge a check at a bank, when they realized the teller was going to check with the customer who supposedly wrote out the check the boy ran off but dropped his id ... needlest to say their was a warrant for this arrest issued later that day!!

And the same boy after robbing a little old lady in a grocery parking while driving his car, bumped the lady, sped out of the parking lot as a police cruiser was entering .. thus began a chase he hit a police cruiser jump out and ran .. but left his back pack in the car, id and release paper from jail .. one of America's dumbest .. he ended up going to prison for 5 yrs.

4. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Your question is under politics and social issues. SO The stupidest thing is voting for DemoCANS & RepubliCRATS.

5. UnnamedHarald profile image97
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

I watched a fellow employee pull into our parking lot reading a book. After he parked his truck, he put his book aside and finished the cereal from the bowl in his lap. I once saw this same guy driving his old truck bouncing down the street with his young kid also bouncing around in the back of the truck. One time he was telling me how he had to get his roof done even though night was falling. He proudly told me how he ingeniously solved the problem. I swear to God. He secured the lamp to the top of his head by wrapping the electric cord under his chin and around the lamp. I asked him what he thought would have happened if he slipped off the roof. He just stood there blinking at me. I don't know what happened to him; he didn't last long at the job. He's either dead or a manager.

6. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 6 years ago

Going to work one morning, I had to wait at a stop light. A woman in a car in the opposite lane was:

a. smoking a cigerette (right hand)
    b. applying mascara (wand in right hand, tube in left)
    c. drinking a cup of coffee (also right hand!)
    d. talking on a cell phone (held to left ear by left shoulder)
    e. steering with the heel of her left hand on the wheel

When the light went green, she continued on her merry (and EXTREMELY dangerous) way!

7. wrapclothwritings profile image59
    wrapclothwritingsposted 6 years ago

One of my ex-colleagues was a bit of a vehicle nut and needed to work on the underside of his vehicle. He had no auto jack or supports to raise it so he could get underneath.
    His answer to this problem was to go into the house, strip the beds and take all the mattresses outside onto his driveway. After laying the mattresses alongside the vehicle he enlisted some helpers and rolled the vehicle on its side onto the mattresses.
    Once he finished the work the mattresses were returned to the beds.

8. DoctorDarts profile image87
    DoctorDartsposted 6 years ago

In a hurry for work, as a I jumped out of the car after parking it and went to slam the door, I realised I.d left my coat on the passenger seat. In my mad rush, my brain got confused between slamming the door and running to work and reaching into the car to grab my coat. The end result was that I leant in and slammed the car door on my own head.

To anyone watching, they were seeing a crazy guy get out of his car, bend over, slam his head in the door deliberately then start screaming.

9. GNelson profile image76
    GNelsonposted 6 years ago

I use to live on a spring fed lake in Florida.  I like to build things so I built a dock.  Then I helped my next door neighbor build a dock.  After that I was building a dock almost every weekend.  I had lots of help.  One weekend I got in my canoe to go to a house on the east end of the lake to help build a dock.  As I approached the area I saw my neighbor out on the lake in an aluminum john boat with an electric drill.  The cord was in the water.  He was drilling a hole in a new piling.  I didn’t go near the boat.  I yelled across the water from someone on shore to pull the plug on the drill.  After I explained to him that he was going to get electrocuted if he continued to use the electric drill that way, he decided to use my hand operated brace and bit, a little slower but a whole lot safer.

10. barry1001 profile image58
    barry1001posted 6 years ago

My ex girlfriend driving 90mph down the motorway, while trying to get the blue tooth on her ipod to work, so she could play for me her "favourite song".  Wasn't even a very good song.

11. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

lmfao @ doctor darts....now that's funny!  I'm quite sure many can relate to making their brain multi task in the craziest way and without a doubt it did exactly what you wanted it to.  lol

12. profile image0
    dman15791posted 6 years ago

I do contract work for a lot of oil fields and anyone who works for the oil fields they know that safety is number one across the board. Anyway, I walked onto another crew's jobsite and apparently the ladder that they had wouldn't reach as far as they needed. So instead of getting a man lift or even a larger ladder this guy thought it was wise to place the six foot ladder in the back of his pickup truck. Did I mention that it was raining at the time. Hens, to say the guy got to the top of the ladder and slipped. The accident report reported the incident as a scrotal injury that only needed first aid.

13. freemarketingnow profile image54
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

I used to work at McDonalds. Someone ordered a cheeseburger w/o cheese!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)