jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How best to deal with procrastination?

1. anglnwu profile image91
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

How best to deal with procrastination?

2. musicklover profile image61
    musickloverposted 5 years ago

Enjoy the ride!! 

Okay just kidding. Procrastination is pretty tricky, and to help deal with it is just to do a little bit more each day. Not enough to overwhelm, but to make the next day's tasks easier.

3. Charles James profile image78
    Charles Jamesposted 5 years ago

That is a good question. I will think about it and get back to you.

4. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

This can be a difficult problem. If you are procrastinating about a big project, then break it up into bit size pieces and it won't seem so overwhelming. If procrastination is a continual problem for you then it is like any other bad habit. First you have to want to change, then you have to make the effort every day until you have actually developed the habit of taking care of problems when they arise, which will take a few weeks of concentrated effort. Old habits are difficult to change otherwise.

5. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Charles is too funny and I like the pun.  I procrastinate when it comes to ironing clothes.  It is not that much I have to do but I just hate to drag out all the equipment and take the time to do it. So, I do it in the guest bedroom where I can put in a favorite movie to watch, get my iced water and just go to it.  I have to kind of bribe myself to get it done.  Afterwards, I do feel good about having done it and I have nice ironed clothing again.