jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is it when you disagree with someones viewpoint, they view you as a hater or

1. suebee62 profile image60
    suebee62posted 5 years ago

Why is it when you disagree with someones viewpoint, they view you as a hater or racist?

Why is it that when you don't agree with someone's behavior they take it personally and think you hate them or don't like them, and can't see it is the behavior that is being disagreed with?

2. twaggoner profile image61
    twaggonerposted 5 years ago

The way I see it it could be a couple of reasons:
    A) they are so set in their ways that they cant possibly fathom other views regarding their behavior
    B) they are so insecure that when someone offers up a different view, they throw up their hater defense mechanism to try to keep their ego intact, usually inflating the behavior that started the whole problem.
    C) they are republicans and cannot see any other views outside their evangelical box.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Many people attack like this to try and shut you up.  They are not interested in hearing your thoughts if your thoughts disagree with theirs.  Usually they have an agenda and your views get in the way of that, so they will do anything to make you stop talking.

4. Joan King profile image69
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

It would depend on what one  says or does when they disagree or what the other person thinks they are hearing, reading or seeing.  There is no need to call someone a racist or hater simply for giving an opinion, however opinions can  also be  hateful or racist  and the person who is saying it knows exactly what he or she is doing. I am all for freedom of speech and I can be very controversial at times, but I wouldn't care if someone called me names if I know they don't apply to me. I operate under certain principles which include not labelling people, not spreading hate or not making racist statements while reserving the right to speak my mind at the same time.