jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why is it when you disagree with the Left, they resort to name calling and foul

1. Neil Horton profile image61
    Neil Hortonposted 5 years ago

Why is it when you disagree with the Left, they resort to name calling and foul language?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Have you ever watched the pathetic events in the British Parliament, The tories (right) have cat calling and name calling off to a fine art, they probably have doctorates in the subject.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

That is a very generalized statement and I believe people of all political stripes are prone to this behavior.  Name calling and otherwise juvenile behaviors are common when people get too carried away by their passions and need to be "right" at everyone elses expense.  This country belongs to all of us and we better find a way to get along and work together.  Arguing doesn't solve problems - discussions and rational behavior do.

4. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Neil:  "leftists" don't have to resort to name calling and foul language in order to point out to you just how stupid this "question" sounds.....

Have a nice day.....

5. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I am an Independent and have been attacked with name calling by both pretty equally. If I talk bad about Obama policy I am either name called or on here on end up with multiple -1s. If I talk bad about these wars Bush put us in I get name called by the right or on here end up with multiple -1s. It just seems to be what the majority resort to when they can't figure a way to rationally debate something.

6. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 5 years ago

All I know is a number of white liberals -- right here HubPages -- frequently call me such things as "Uncle Tom" and "lawn jockey for the far right," just because I am a black man whose views on racial issues differ from those of the average black.

7. Joan King profile image69
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

Name calling goes both ways and to identify one side as the culprit can be construed by some as  "name calling" We have to rise above the garbage below, work on reducing biases, agree to disagree and return some semblance of reason into our discourse.

8. WeeDavie profile image60
    WeeDavieposted 5 years ago

At micks, I am British, and the "pathetic name calling" is strongly the left. They all shout over there, but the labour (left)party is WAY more aggressive.

9. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

It seems not only the name calling, but also the down voting is coming from both sides.