jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Should A Child Deal With Peer Pressure?

1. PhoenixV profile image79
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

How Should A Child Deal With Peer Pressure?

What is some good advice on how a child deal with peer pressure? There are so many negative things out there in the world, what are some good tips or advice on teachings kids about peer pressure?

2. Levertis Steele profile image85
    Levertis Steeleposted 5 years ago

A child may not be able to deal with peer pressure alone. He needs to be taught by parents ad teachers using examples of good decision making. He should be taught using examples of poor decisionmaking. The teaching should continue and be more age-appropriate as he continues to grow. He should be urged to ask question when he needs answers.

3. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

I've discovered if you are friends and genuinely care about each other the peer pressure isn't as prevalent as to it is when just hanging out with a gang of kids.  You want to fit in so end up going with the flow and sometimes that decision results in tragedy.  Remind your children that their actions will always have consequences either way.  They have to be willing to deal with those consequences and remember those decisions may have consequences can effect the rest of their lives and possibly the lives others.

4. whizcreed profile image68
    whizcreedposted 5 years ago

Promote self confidence, never say things like you a bad kid because you did something bad. Create the difference between mistakes and personality. Someone does not becomes bad just by making a few mistakes.

Suggest and help open dialog, talk to the child and make him or her comfortable about sharing feelings with others. Develop a comfort level between school counselor and teachers.

5. factsknowing profile image70
    factsknowingposted 5 years ago

I hold this view strongly that a child's life is defined by the treatment he gets from his parents. so, I will say that a child should always seek  the advise of elderly people when he is faced with problems of peer pressure.

working