jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How can I deal with peer pressure?

1. retellect profile image75
    retellectposted 6 years ago

How can I deal with peer pressure?

2. Chasity Marsh profile image60
    Chasity Marshposted 6 years ago

As I stated peer pressure is more likely to affect those teens who have a lower sense of self worth, not to say it can't and won't affect others. All of our youth should be taught that saying "no" to whatever is being asked of them is okay. If a teen senses a "red-flag" situation then they should feel it's absolutely acceptable and commendable to remove themselves from that atmosphere. All a parent can do is to provide their kids with knowledge of how to handle themselves. Also surrounding your kids with positive role models. Make sure as a parent you know who your kid is friends with. If the kid is a respectable kid then most likely your child will behave in the same manner. Vice versa, if your child is hanging out with a trouble-maker, then chances are your child will wind up in trouble as well. Positive reinforcements, knowledge and a little luck!

3. Innuentendre profile image77
    Innuentendreposted 6 years ago

Not all peer pressure is negative. Surround yourself with great people and believe in yourself!

4. Lisa Luv profile image78
    Lisa Luvposted 6 years ago

Do what your inner voice tells you...Be different and true to yourself...and when you do make mistakes (Hopefully they will be minor ones & not dangerous) and you will being young make mistakes that you learn from, pray that you have a bunch of angels watching over you.
    It is true your choices of friends & associations will make a big difference.
    Don't do anything that is life long damaging like experimenting with drugs that are addiction possible.
    Don't do something sexual with out precautions & protection.
    Just be smart enough not to do something that will alter the course of your life permanetly & negatively.
    Know that peer presure is a fleeting moment in your life, where as what you might or might not do could be a forever thing in your life.
    Watch out for selfish and evil people.
    I wish you great luck in your adventure in life.

5. THEHuG5 profile image60
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

It's simpler than people think.

Always ALWAYS be yourself. And the people who hate you for it aren't worth your time in the first place. The people that love you for it are people who you know that you want in your life. Because when you're being yourself you never have to guess who your real friends are.
    I used to get teased a lot for a lot of silly things like loving to read and for not dressing like everybody else did. Now I have friends who love me for who I am and guess what? They like to read and dress different too so we all just geek out together and it's awesome!
    As far as peer pressure goes don't do anything that you don't want to do and that's that. It's not your job to care who likes it or not. Not all peer pressure is negative though so if your peers are pushing you to do something positive or fun that just happens to be out of your comfort zone then go for it!

6. moonroi profile image61
    moonroiposted 6 years ago

Mean what you say and do. Let your yes mean yes and no mean no. Also, choose your friends smile

7. courtlneygdtm profile image79
    courtlneygdtmposted 6 years ago

Follow your conscience and do the right thing.  If the peer pressure is negative, then it may be time to break away and  find others who will add positivity to your life.

--courtlneygdtm

8. MakeEasyCash profile image72
    MakeEasyCashposted 6 years ago

Those that pressure you to do negative actions are not your true friends... Those that push you to do well are a blessing and should be cherished.

working