jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is euthanasia justifiable? why?

1. taw2012 profile image60
    taw2012posted 6 years ago

Is euthanasia justifiable? why?

2. ALL4JESUS profile image77
    ALL4JESUSposted 6 years ago

God has given us a choice for everything we do, euthanasia is a choice - a choice that is contrary to the respect that God is our creator and our Father and knows best.

I firmly believe God knows when we are ready to end this life.

Two items clearly demand our trust - not judging others and not deciding life and death are items that are best left to God.

3. jeanniedoe profile image56
    jeanniedoeposted 6 years ago

If the pain is unbearable and there is no chance of surviving, euthanasia is justifiable for me. Though we do not have the right to take one's life and this is against the law  (some countries) still we can't bear that one of our loved ones suffered too much.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Only with animals - to ease suffering. Not with people - because God said killing is a sin. The reason we can euthanize animals is because God gave us permission to eat animals (even though I personally do not) and made us responsible for their care.

In the medical field, we have plenty of therapeutic modalities for easing peoples' suffering. Euthanasia is a slippery slope. Who decides and when? Who decides a person who wants to end his or her life is not "suicidal?"

I can sympathize with the pain and suffering of people, but I do not believe in euthanasia because of God's commandments. I would rather see medical intervention to ease the suffering.

In the medical field we do this every day - people who are dying are "made comfortable." People who are not dying should also be made comfortable with whatever means we have available - whether it is pain medication, psychological counseling or whatever.

5. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6415330_f260.jpg

Crazy conflicting answers. Isn't extending a life just as much 'against God' as much as ending it? So there should be no medical care? It  doesn't make sense!

BTW, the bible says murder is a sin - not killing. There have been more justified killings in the name of god than for any other reason, such as the Crusades.

Giving God as the answer is not enough when someone you love is put into a hospice to die. At a hospice they ONLY give you palliative care - pain killers. It takes two weeks, during that time my Ben went into constant convulsions from lack of water & food. This bothered the hospice workers. They had to have a conference of 8 doctors to come to the decision to give him anti-seizure medication so that Ben wouldn't disturb the workers so much.

I would rather die quickly than drag it out in such a despicable matter. Just because we have the technology to keep a person breathing and the blood pumping doesn't mean it should be used. Quality of life is sacred and if a person has a advanced medical care directive then it should be honored with a quick hot shot rather than simply 'pulling the plug' and letting it drag out over time.

6. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

my life, my body, my decision as to how/where my life ends.  I would never want to linger in a vegetative state or suffer for long periods of time.  If a person in their right minds wants to die with dignity it is their choice and theirs alone.  No one has the right to push their moral code or judgment onto that person.  We each have sovereignty over our own life and can decide for ourselves.  We don't allow our animals to suffer- but we insist on making humans linger - never did make sense to me.

7. clairemy profile image74
    clairemyposted 6 years ago

if there is no quality of life left and no chance of a return to it then, yes, I think it is, but I believe it must be the individuals choice. People do make Living Wills which is not quite the same as euthanasia but a step towards it.

working