jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will women vote for Mitt Romney?

1. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

Will women vote for Mitt Romney?

No matter who Mitt Romney picks as his running mate, will women find him and his team viable and electable in the presidential election?

2. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 5 years ago

I believe any woman who is fed up with what has transpired in Washington for the past three years will eagerly vote for anyone who offers an alternative to this disaster. People are beginning to recognize that the solutions lie in the mindset and direction....not just in the individual running for the office. Any future this country has with Obama in office is more of the same thing we have seen in the past three years but at a higher frequency and degree. If we ever needed change, we need it now regardless of who represents that change...Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, etc. WB

3. LauraGT profile image94
    LauraGTposted 5 years ago

Maybe it's not fair for me to answer this, since I'm a democrat, but I'm not sure how any woman, liberal or conservative, can vote for for someone is willing to deny or severely limit access to birth control to women, wants to get rid of Planned Parenthood (provides many useful services, such as education, screening tests, etc.) and won't stand up to Rush Limbaugh's sexist comments (or at least publicly state that he disagrees with them). These are all not so thinly veiled examples of anti-woman stances.

4. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

I’m sure some women will absolutely vote for Romney, but that might be more because of the party he is with, than his views on issues.

There has been a bunch of women related issues in the news lately so any woman who plans to vote should really look at these issues and where the candidates stand on them.  Make sure you fully comprehend where the positions are of the candidates and then pledge your support to who has the closest position as yourself.

5. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 5 years ago

The big question is, will a sufficient number of women vote for Romney to get him over the top?

Or, it could be said that while a considerable number of women will vote for Romney, chances are, or even more than likely, he will not win the majority of their votes.