jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it considered "weird" to have studying serial killers as a hobby?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Is it considered "weird" to have studying serial killers as a hobby?

2. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. I myself regularly study serial killers to learn what they did wrong and avoid doing the same mistakes;)

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

actually it is, really weird. i'm kidding. i find them fascinating myself. there is so much to them and how they think that it is a never ending study of the human mind.

4. andreasmith185 profile image56
    andreasmith185posted 5 years ago

Well, consider the job of a profiler. They get paid to study serial killers and understand the criminal mind. So, I don't really consider it weird. If someone were interested in that type of study, I would definitely suggest they look into education for law enforcement and profiling.

5. bipolartist profile image77
    bipolartistposted 4 years ago

By all accounts, who cares if it's considered 'weird?' It's probably considred macabre, but that which is so taboo is so very fascinating.

I am addicted to the Investigative Discovery channel and true crime books/movies. They are an intriguing group of individuals with so many layers to be interested in. I think, too, many of us that enjoy reading about them or researching them because it helps us feel a bit prepared...I have found when I spend an entire day watching forensic shows, I am also the most aware of my surroundings... Like I can fend off the killer who tries to break into my home...It may be a false sense of security,but it sure serves its purpose.

6. ziyena profile image86
    ziyenaposted 4 years ago

I wrote a poem in my hub about a serial killer ... I don't think it's so morbid as to bring some sort of awareness ... on every street corner he inevitably finds her