jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do Americans treat the President like the Messaih of legislation? No Congres

1. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

Why do Americans treat the President like the Messaih of legislation? No Congress? No Court?

Why do people constantly expect our next president to save us? Why do we place so little on our Representative, our Congressmen and other law-makers? Why do we expect things to change rapidly on the national level? Why did we blame everything on Bush and Obama, or hail them as successful when things were clearly more complicated? Should I have split this into multiple questions?

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image60
    EinderDarkwolfposted 5 years ago

I'm actually interested in the responses to these questions myself. I think people feel better by blaming the president instead of blaming the other men and women who are the one's that say yes or no to begin with.

3. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I wonder if in big part it has to do with our poor education system of recent decades. The public seemed to know more how our U.S. system of government operated than they do now. Also, there has been decades of pressure to change our system of government. Then, there is also the factor of the entertainment business' influence in recent decades that pushes the idol worship of public celebrities. I'm sure there are many other factors involved in this, too. These are just the first things that come to mind.

4. feenix profile image59
    feenixposted 5 years ago

The reason why a considerable number of Americans view particular presidents as messiahs is they have been psychologically conditioned, or brainwashed, to think like slaves and serfs.

working