jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does Fox News take place in a Separate World?

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image93
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

Does Fox News take place in a Separate World?

Most news programs talk about current events on the same common ground as the others, so you can relate one program to the next. When I watch Fox, it looks alien to me. It's as if you don't know the key lingo you won't get the punch line. So I cannot relate it to any other news I've seen. Does this happen to other folks?

2. Doc Snow profile image97
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

It might as well be in 'Separate World.'  After all, Fox is the network of choice for those who profess NOT to belong to the "reality-based community."  See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality-based_community

3. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 5 years ago

Fox news takes place in the realm of Right Wing ideology. Its like fitting a square peg into a round hole. The square peg has to be reshaped and molded to fit into the hole. It is a difficult task but once they set about achieving that task the right sculptors(spin doctors) are brought in help fulfill the ultimate goal.

The Left does the same thing also although they have a easier time of it.

4. Joelipoo profile image81
    Joelipooposted 5 years ago

All the other news channels are very liberal and left-oriented.  Fox chooses to allign with the more conservative right.  That's the only difference.  There is no such thing as an unbias news report anymore.  They are all slanted to one side in order to push an agenda.  Conservatives prefer Fox while liberals prefer the other news channels.

5. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Fox "news" (radio) must be seen in its correct context.... and that context is this:

They are only vaguely a "news" source.   Like so many other radio stations, they present an innocuous report of "news" each hour... and that news is information about some event(s) which are happening, someplace in the world....

Outside of that (those 5 minutes) Fox radio must be seen as the "opinion" broadcast that it is..... My local station has:  5-9 AM - a local idjit spouting silly stuff,  9 - noon (12):  Glenn Beck and all his pseudo-evangilistic and extreme silliness,  12 (noon) - 3 PM:  Rush Limbaugh, with all his fececal bloviating,  3 - 6 PM:   Sean Hannity, more Rush-like foolishness, and 6 - 9 PM:  Mark Levin.... a man who seems to have serious anger-management problems, but a loud and engaging radio voice.....

working