jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

You have 3 equally qualified candidates (a veteran, christian, & an athiest), wh

1. KeithJK profile image59
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

You have 3 equally qualified candidates (a veteran, christian, & an athiest), who do you hire & why?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago

First of all, the referred three, belong to a category, called, the hardened.
    But if had no other Choices ...
    I would prefer the "moderate" among these three, to be my employee ... one, who can do the job ... and that's it.
    Because, every good hiring decision, is based in the demand/s and Nature, of the job ... not history ... though that's important.
    Because, Dedication, is indicative of the fact, that in greater probability, he or she can .. and will Deliver ... meaning, Complete the assigned job.

3. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't want to hire the veteran because the possibility of post traumatic stress syndrome could be an issue. 

I would be concerned about the atheist because the presence of hatred may play a part in how they would react in a situation.

My choice would be the Christian because that person has morals, values and integrity.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

They may be equally qualified but no 3 people are the same.  There would be something in an interview that would stand out.  I would be inclined towards the veteran because you cannot ask a prospective employee their belief system but I would know if an applicant was a vet.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

the one that comes across as knowing the job the best. i would  want to help the veteran but if they don't have the right personality or knowledge then i wouldn't.

6. TheLifeExperiment profile image57
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

I don't really have a personal choice but I wanted to respond to catzgendron- just because someone is an atheist doesn't mean they are filled with hatred and would make a bad leader. Every atheist I've ever met, including myself, has been nothing but nice and thoughtful concerning public issues and the like. I'm not judging or whatever, but because you make that assumption about atheists probably means you have quite a bit of hatred yourself.

7. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 5 years ago

Equally qualified, huh?  Well, first you are not suppose to know the religious or political views of a candidate...can't ask and that's a good thing.  I would be inclined to hire the veteran for a long list of reasons...among them would be ...because they fought for their country they are probably committed, detail oriented, hard workers, loyal, team players, considerate.

The interview process usually bring out things that cannot be put on paper and a good interviewer can pick up on what I call a "gut feeling" talking with and listening to people.

8. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

Since the assumption is that I somehow have prior knowledge of their position, given that they are equally qualified, I would hire the veteran. Just because someone claims they are a Christian does not mean they are a good person (this statement coming from an ordained minister) and just because a person claims to be an athiest does not mean they are a bad person. But, I know what kind of person a veteran is. Christian or athiest, I know a veteran is a person who has served our country and so I feel confident that a veteran will serve my company just as well.