jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the purpose of the new Black Panthers?

1. peeples profile image89
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

What is the purpose of the new Black Panthers?

I may be misinformed but I thought the original Black Panthers spread violence. Is this the purpose of the new black panthers?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I haven't heard anything about the "new" Black Panthers organization. If you're referring to the 1920s' Black rights movement, then no, you weren't misinformed. However, they only caused violence when they saw necessary - the wouldn't harm innocent civilians - only those spouting racial nonsense, and protecting their people at the time like a militant police squad. If this "new" Black Panthers organization is of the same idea, I fear this may be an excuse for violence. Of course, I'm not American and I don't watch the news so I'm not sure how badly racism is handled there.

3. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 5 years ago

It depends on who you ask.  The Southern Poverty Law Center classifies the NBPP as a "black racist" hate group.  Others would say it is a U.S.-based black political organization founded in Dallas, Texas.  This "new" group has been rejected by the original Black Panther Party of the '60s and '70s. The SPLC says the group is "a virulently racist and anti-Semitic organization whose leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law enforcement officers.

4. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

Their purpose is to start a race war in America. They are going to succeed soon if left unchecked.

5. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

While I cannot say what their purpose is, I can tell you it isn't positive. To be honest it's probably better not to even give them your time with discussion as they are only trying to get their name "out there" and even the original Black Panthers do not endorse or support them in any way, let alone take them seriously. They don't do anything for any community or race and jump on board the latest "issue" affecting certain black people when they think they can get 15 minutes of fame or convert a few fringe people.

6. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 5 years ago

Speaking as someone who was well acquainted with the original Black Panthers, I can tell you that the "Neo-Black Panthers" do not have a purpose.

They are little more than a rag-tag bunch of wannabe bad dudes who are making a pathetic attempt to act cool and look cool.

Furthermore, the primary objective of the original Black Panthers was not to "spread violence." It was to provide protection for blacks from forces that were out to harm them and to carry out measures that would elevate the social and economic status of black America.

working