The Last Straw

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (147 posts)
  1. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/26 … raud-group

Well I sure am glad we are going to make sure that the Conservatives don't influence voters. Hey why not hire the New Black Panthers? They can stand around with clubs and keep the Conservatives away!
    That will do it!
    This is BS!

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

With all the dirty tricks the right winger has been using this campaign, maybe the NBP is needed to keep the scale balanced. I would welcome the Poliboro, if it will ,keep the rightwing and their vote supressors at bay!

JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What vote suppressors?

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
          Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The State of Pennsylvania, for one.

2. Credence2 profile image79

Ohio, Texas, South Carolina, need I continue...... All this at the behest of unethical GOP legislators.

Oh BS!

2. Quilligrapher profile image72
      Quilligrapherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi JSC.  Hope you are doing well this evening.

I read the article but I don’t understand the “last straw” comment. This is certainly not something new on the election landscape.

“[The OSCE] has assessed elections in the United States since 2002.” Furthermore, your source article also states clearly, “The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) …will deploy 44 observers around the county on Election Day to monitor an array of activities, including potential disputes at polling places.” {1} Evenly dispersed, that is less than one observer for each state. The OSCE is a respected and recognized international organization fully qualified to observe free elections around the world. Aside from the Republican Party’s history of creating obstacles for legitimate voters, there is nothing in this article to cause anyone to be upset.

In addition, the reference to the New Black Panthers with clubs does not appear in the article. I wonder why it was fabricated and put the form of an unanswered question. It is just another example of innuendo without substance.

Thank you, JSC, for this thread.
      Q.
      {1} http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/26 … raud-group

The Last Straw, Quill, is the one-sided attack.
        It is plain to see and you and the rest here should know better and know damn good and well i will have something to say about it.

1. Quilligrapher profile image72

What is one-sided? I do not understand. The UN has no jurisdiction in the US election process. They are neutral observers! Did you read this article to the end? It is paranoia to think UN participation is intended to "get" conservatives.
          Q.

2. JSChams profile image60

ALL and I do mean ALL the obstructionist crap is just that, C R A P!!!!!!!
        You know it and I know it and yes I am throwing a bloody fit.
        I hope Barack loses by such a landslide that no liberal DARE say anything about it.
        Because what that article tells me is we are in for 2000 all over again if it isn't.
        Right now the almighty polls that liberals live by have reversed from about three weeks ago and show Romney ahead and the Liberal Party is freaking out. so therefore we must have international watchers to make sure those EEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLL Conservatives don't pull anything.
        You guys stink so bad I can smell it in Oklahoma.

It  aint over till its over, so I would not get too cocky just yet, if I were you. Regardless of the fact that you are tired of hearing the topic of voter suppression it is quite obvious to reasonably sentient people.

Credence you are so brain dead you don't have a clue how badly you have been screwed by your own.

You complain about being personally insulted, but the rightwing types always seem to lead the pack  for boorish unconversation like behavior. When Obama wins perhaps most will vacate the country or do us a favor and do the hari-kari routine! Believe me I know who the enemy is, without a doubt.

No...let me explain this...ok?
                This article and the action behind it trips my trigger because I have been on the liberal side and the conservative side and I KNOW BETTER than this.
                You can't single out one block of people and say we must watch them during the voting. I am sorry but that article slams millions of Americans all at the same time. I don't care where they are from internationally.
                This sort of activity is usually reserved for third world banana republics where the corruption is so widespread a vote is a joke. That's not the US and we all know that.
                But.....liberals in this country will jump right  up and down and clap there hands won't they now?
                Go ahead and back that lie Credence but I know what is happening and so do you.

JS, I so my own thinking thanks, from where does that arrogance come?So what are you afraid of JS, if we don't have a problem then there will not be a problem with the UN observers. The GOP has behaved in a corrupt way during this campaign. I, for one, and glad that they are here. Last straw, for you folks there is more coming so this may well not be the last straw.

I don't trust you nor your political ideology or the the lackey political party that supports it. I have just as many good reasons not to trust rightwingers as you have against the enlightened progressive groups.
                  Regardless of your rightwing pedigree, I did not fall from a turnip truck and am well aware as to what is at stake.

You don't understand anything.
                    Do you think I am evil Credence?

Credence...I am a registered Democrat.

3. JSChams profile image60

"enlightened"?
                    Who "enlightened" them Credence?
                    I can tell you who.

You have no idea who the enemy is.
                You only know what you are told to believe about people.

3. Quilligrapher profile image72

It seems Texans are afraid to allow OSCE observers close enough to the polls to actually observe how they treat voters. Read all about it…

Texas Tribune, Oct. 23, 2012 -
        ‘Project Vote Executive Director Michael Slater on Wednesday issued a statement addressing Attorney General Abbott’s warning to international elections observers.

“America stands for democracy. It appears that Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is ashamed of Texas’s voting rights record or he would welcome observers with open arms. Instead, he is threatening them and attacking groups that are working to ensure that every eligible Texan is allowed to vote.”

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-polit … arning-ag/
        Q.

1. Repairguy47 profile image59
          Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

We are not afraid but the UN may want to pay attention Abbott means what he says! I actually hope they try him, I really do.

3. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you afraid the U.N. might find something worth writing about that would ruin your fantasy about free and fair elections in the United States?

4. profile image0
      DMartelonlineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you see the group "True the Vote" who has vowed to VERIFY people at polling places?  They're also claiming AG Holder requested UN involvement which is a dead up lie: http://www.politifact.com/texas/stateme … -request-/

I am baffled by people who read ONE article without doing any of their own research. Both parties have been participating in finger pointing about voter suppression efforts. I'll be so glad when this election is OVER I'm sick of it. smile

No, I'm not a Democrat.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

I would think anyone genuinely interested in a fair, fraud-free election would welcome this.
    As it assures that neither side influences voters.

But really, it's all a waste of effort. Maybe it gives some people some false sense of secuity.

I mean, when you own the voting machine company, the outcome's pretty well assured, isn't it?

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would agree with you if they were looking for any voter suppression, but the article states that they're only looking for "conservative activities" that suppress the vote. And why can't this be done by Americans - members of both sides at every step?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        THAT is why I am throwing a fit and that is all I keep hearing here is Conservative  suppression this and disenfranchise that!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT"S BS PEOPLE!!!!!!!

We have Jimmy Carter for voter regulation....that ain't good enough?

2. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad someone else is aware of the voting machine controversy MM!

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

In our FN elections, we have a outside party come in to handle and count the ballots. We're just tiny though so no 'rigging' can really occur lol but maybe, a outside objective party could be used. Just a thought. smile

4. JSChams profile image60

Ok....let me explain this.
    I can't help but notice that the imagined problem is..ready for it?
    C O N S E R V A T I V E S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Why don't we just insure Barack gets re elected then we can repeal the amendment that tem limits him and lobby for just one party and those nasty old hateful evil bloodsucking conservatives won't be an issue anymore because then you can INSURE they have no voice whatsoever in the American political landscape.

And most of you agree with that even though you are about to deny it.
    Nothing mentioned about anything but Conservatives.
    Must be nice that your fecal matter leaves no odor.

1. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

JS, So what about when Bush BOUGHT Florida, remember...went blue, then red, then blue, then red and stayed red.....Maybe we are just getting better at our prep work, ya think?

Bush didn't buy Florida. You had two candidates that sucked and the sad fact is neither of them was good enough to pull far enough ahead for it to be decisive. That is EXACTLY what happened.

I do not believe that for a second, and I bet you don't either.....who has more money JS....who spends the most on their campaign....I live in TN, it ALWAYS votes red....wonder why Romney would spend so much here on his commercialization of BS....maybe because we share our local news channels with VA

I am from East Tennessee Tammy.
            You don't believe the election will be fair Tammy.
            Then why have one?

Oh i most certainly do believe what I posted. If George Bush or Al Gore either one had been worth a crap there would never have been an argument. There have been lots of elections won by landslide.....Barack Obama anyone...and no one had to pay anyone for anything. Don't fall for the BS.

JS, I do not fall for BS, I research A lot....I am not saying Obama is perfect, he isn't Jesus....and Jesus is the only one who could have pulled our tails out of that ditch so quickly...as MM said he didn't have four years, he had two before the Congress chose to destroy America just to ruin him...

Tammy,
                The man had a lock on Congress no one had had in HOW long?
                This more of the BS that they got together to try and destroy him. You can't get the Republicans together on anything and Harry Reid has barred the door to any Conservative legislation at all and so who is doing what?

Do you expect the other party will just sit down and fold their hands and do nothing at all?

JS, He didn't take advantage of the first two years is your arguement? He shouldn't have "taken advantage," that's wrong...it's the R way not the D way....They stood in front of God and everyone and declared they would not back him....How did that look to the world?

If having both houses of Congress under your parties control is not what you want why work so hard fr it and crow to the high heavens about what wonderful things you are going to do with it then do NOTHING and blame the opposing party?
                    The BS game I was just telling you about on the other forum.

Tammy.........their constituents didn't want them to back him. That's why.
                    Are they  SUPPOSED to just fold their hands and smile and give him anything he wants just because he was deified? For legislation he didn't even read or know the details of. That he thought was a prop when he saw it? He had no clue it was that many pages of bureaucracy.

3. American View profile image59
                    American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amazing how with all that is really important, everyone just recycles the same things. I m answering after a comment from Tammy, but my response is not directed at her, but to everyone.

First, Bush did not steal anything, let's get over that one. There were several independent groups, a college that took on he project, and the Wall Street Journal in conjunction with many others involved did recounts of the whole state and the way the Dems wanted by only recounting the four strongest liberal counties. All of them show the same, Bush would have won under either scenario. Let's put that to bed finally.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100524251837190200.html

I have no problem if their are independent watch groups monitoring the polls to make sure of no voter intimidation. But what I am against is what this article is portraying, that they are responding to a request to monitor only conservative intimidation. And who requested it, well none other than the civil rights groups that were inflicting the intimidation on conservative voters last election, guess they do not wannt conservatives breaking into their turf. I know, I already hear you, " oh the liberals would never do that". How soon we forget about what the black panthers did last election, or the guardian angels. Seems liberals forgot that.

Will both sides grow up and be honest. Both sides are as crooked as the day is long. Both sides commit voter fraud, intimidate people, register false voters, and more. What's the answer, I do not know, but at least be honest about what goes on.

Last, Voter ID. This has been argued and debated here in the forums under hundreds of threads. Here is the deal, almost everyone that is a legal US citizen of voter age has ID. If you end up like me where you lose it all, it is real easy to get them back. From a hospital bed where I collected a huge $30, yes I said thirty dollars a month to live on, I was able to get a copy of my birth certificate mailed to e for a $15 dollar processing fee. I went ot the Social security office where I was given a new card at no cost. I went to the DMV ut due to my time in the hospital and my drivers license had long expired, I could not get one without taking th test again.. But no worries because they can give you a picture ID like your DL at no charge. Oh and by the way, here in Texas when you get an ID, you can register to vote right there. The person giving you your ID will ask you, you say yes and presto with the pressing of a computer key you are registered to vote. So getting ID is easy and not expensive.

The argument is the poor and minorities cannot get them it is a hardship and we disenfranchise them. Rubbish, they need ID to cash their welfare check or checks each month, if they Direct Deposit they need ID to open the bank account. They need ID to rent an apartment or house, to apply for section 8 assistance, or for food stamps, or utility assistance. In some states you need photo ID to even turn utilities on.

Truth is the only people disenfranchised would be illegal aliens who should not be voting in the first place. Imagine the loss of votes if the illegals could not vote because they had no ID, and which political party would that hurt?

Earth to JSCHAMS! Earth to JSCHAMS! In what world do you reside?

NY Times, July 17, 2012 - “Virtually every Republican in Congress has taken the pledge, pushed by Grover Norquist’s Americans for Tax Reform, never to vote for a tax increase — a pledge both parties see as a serious impediment to a tax compromise.”  {1} At the very least, the pledge is dereliction of duty! Tell us once more, JSC, how you can’t get the Republicans together on anything.
                  Q.
                  {1} http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/us/po … l&_r=0

Read some of my other stuff and then get back to me Quill.
                    I come from a long line of Democrats. I am the black sheep of my family.
                    Basically your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

You are falling for the propaganda if you believe that Conservatives and Conservatives alone commit voter fraud and suppression.....PERIOD.

I believe there is corruption on both sides...hell they may all be on the same side and we are the fools...

THAT"S WHAT I AM TELLING YOU!
                    There is not a dimes worth of difference and they are playing a con.
                    Democrats=Angels
                    Republicans=Devils

We are all just fallen people.
                    Senator Democrat and Congressman Republican call each other crap in Congress and before the press all day long and go out and have surf and turf in Georgetown together at night.

You know who James Carville and Mary Matalin are right? They worked for Bill Clinton and GHW Bush respectively. They met campaigning for each of them when they ran against each other...fell in love and got married. They are still married and have teenagers. They argue with each other on talk shows. Then they go home at night and go to bed together.

How much more do you need to know?

2. Repairguy47 profile image59

It was decisive! Bush won the count, then won the recount. The Gore campaign then did everything they could to change that FACT!

2. Repairguy47 profile image59

Bought Florida? Oh you mean when he won the count then won the recount? Then the Gore machine sued to recount in heavy democrat areas only and the supreme court said no, if you want a recount you have to count everywhere? So the dems threw in the hat because they couldn't count in SELECTED AREAS ONLY? Bought Florida...jeeeeeeeeesus.

5. Cody Hodge5 profile image69
    Cody Hodge5posted 11 years ago

So what about the billboards in Pennsylvania that tell voters that they need ID. What about the Arizona registration forms for Spanish speaking voters that said the election was November 8th? I wonder who they were meant to keep away?

So get a frigging ID . Man up and do it.
      That not obstructionism.

Because there is no law requiring ID, that's why.
        Because "voter fraud" is a solution in search of a problem.
        If you'd follow what's been happening, it's quite blatantly an attempt to suppress minority voters, including African Americans, Latinos, and students.
        It's documented that the initiative comes from the top -- the governors (Pennsylvania governor made it clear that the idea was to deliver the state to Romney).
        They're being quite bold about it.
        And the courts are swatting them down and folks like Rachel Maddow are calling them on their shite. But they're just going along their merry way with the wrong dates on voter pamphlets (only the Spanish version) and threatening billboards (although those are supposedly funded by some "family foundation" but of course no one can trace who paid for the billboards).

It's not a question of "manning up" and getting an ID.
        This is not even about the IDs.
        It's about confusing voters and threatening voters so they are afraid to turn out to exercise their civil rights.

This from a party that is so adament about preserving the Constitution...
        roll

Hey Mom why don't we just throw open the doors at the polls and set out the ballots and the pens and have the volunteers walk out for ten hours and come back and see what we have huh?

All anyone asks is we know who is what and are they even SUPPOSED to be voting here.
          If Democrats wanted voter ID you would be evil for trying to stop it. You know that too.

It's not about IDs. It's about disenfranchising select segments of the citizenry from exercising the right to vote, which is guaranteed them under the Constitution.
            Since voting is a federal issue, any ID requirements should come from the federal, not state governments.
            I live in the most populous state in the country.
            We likely have as many if not more undocumented immigrants here than any other state.
            Yet there is zero hew and cry for voter IDs here.
            Why is this "problem" only happening in states with 2010 tea party governors???

No one is disenfranchising anyone. How many frigging dead people do you want voting?
              Why is this only an issue if Conservatives bring it up?
              I am frankly VERY tired of the BS. I want everyone who can LEGALLY to vote so we know what the hell people really want.

OK????????????//

You may not believe it MOM but there ARE people........and they don't HAVE to be Conservatives who will defraud the election system. Chicago was always famous for it.

You ever hear of a typo sport?
      I am too  old to be BS'd by all this.
      The polls show Romney ahead and people are freaking out.

3. habee profile image93

I read about those. Terrible!

4. Jean Bakula profile image90
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is common for Republicans to put up notices in poor and racially integrated neighborhoods to try to make them think they should vote on the wrong day. It's despicable, and dare I say racist. It's done all the time. I've seen it done in NJ. Even in our local elections, the R Mayor stands at the polling building and gives bottled water and other gifts to the voters. It's strictly illegal, but our Freeholders are R's too. It's the hyprocritical way they live, then act like nobody else has morals, that makes them so nasty. And the way they lie. Romney seems quite moderate now. I haven't seen one self respecting R come out to endorse him, they know what a liar and farce he is.

6. JSChams profile image60

What's happening her is the Democrats perceive they may well lose and are gearing up for the big wail and cry of foul play.
    Because we all know don't we that it just should not at all in this universe be possible for a Democrat contender to lose to a Republican.
    Grow up gang. We all lose sometimes.

JS ACTUALLY, how could WE possibly call FOUL now...think about it

Dear that article screams out that they think that's the only way they will lose. Now does it not?
        And no one from the Democrat party will admit there were people with billy clubs supporting Obama four years ago. It gets poo pooed and they walked away Scott free. i don't care whose party initiated the criminal charges they never ever ever should have walked out of that one.

7. JSChams profile image60

I posted that article over on Facebook and people are stunned at the breathtaking arrogance of it.

8. movingout profile image61
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear the details of Romney's plan? Or him to answer any question for that matter? He plays to the audience. He's a good salesman, I'll give him that. But then I ask myself, why would a guy, who has it all, want to be President? To help the people or does he think it's his birthright? He has to hold some kind of record for years campaigning for President? I don't want voter fraud, and there's no evidence it is rampant. The Romney/Ryan ticket takes away womens rights, offer voucher for people under 55, refers to 47% of the people as moochers and lazy, and believes private health insurance is affordable to everyone or they can call 911 and go to the emergency room. I've yet to figure out how anyone could vote for Romney/Ryan.

Because as i told Tammy I will vote for a shoe before I vote for Barack Obama.
      Understand?

1. movingout profile image61
        movingoutposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And I will vote for a shoe before I vote for Willard Romney.

1. habee profile image93

Will your and JS's shoes match? I love shoes. Maybe we should all vote for shoes.

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image69
            Cody Hodge5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe we can vote for Big Bird's shoes?

That would be some mighty big shoes to fill lol

2. Mighty Mom profile image77

Nice try, Habee.
            I think this thread is past the point of conciliation, however.

But I do like the idea of a third party candidate.
            Ernie Velveeta's hawt!
            lol

http://moneysavingqueen.com/images/cache/c12dbb0056f4bef3b75299a754ec8c9c.jpeg

Mom I can promise you if we go through this election and it's somewhere close and this UN action is used to brand Conservatives as having done wrong when they didn't you are going to be amazed at how many times I get myself banned.
              Particularly the attitude I get about it which is like well you know you ARE evil.

2. habee profile image93

Sizzlin'!!

The subject is not funny and I ain't playin.

JS, I told you last night, I do not think you are evil, I do not think conservatives are evil period....I do think the far right extremist are insane looney toons, and so are the far left.....I think Obama is a moderate/progressive....I think the GOP are extremist....I think Romney is a conservative kind of moderate maybe and Ryan is far right

Perhaps you don't Tammy, but others are perfectly happy to let that characterization stand.
                    This is a desperate act by desperate people.

2. habee profile image93

Hey, you're the one who brought up Ernie Velveeta. I already posted a serious reply to your thread. Did you see it?

1. American View profile image59
                    American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, that looked like Hamburger Helper in the skillet. smile

Yes and i am sorry.............

Habee, many think the opposition is shoeless. roll  In a campaign between two shoes, they will still become archenemies standing toe to toe to prove the other is a loafer or a heel. One will surely play the lace card.

As in past elections, Habee, I get instep behind the sole winner and eyelet him shoe us the way into the future.
            Q.

1. habee profile image93

lol

2. habee profile image93

So...do both candidates have soles? Does one arch over the other, gaining the upper hand? If so, he might be a shoe-in.

I am not too sure about that, Habee.
                Shoe candidates put their heart and soles into their campaigns. I don’t know who foots the bill, but they work like mules on a shoestring budget. Of course, I say that tongue-in-cheek. Or, should I say thong-in-cheek? The candidate that went to Oxford shows a lot of polish but both campaigns are rather shoddy, if you ask me. Can you imagine the spats that will break out in this forum if either one gains a foothold with the electorate? Ed Sullivan was right. This November is going to be a really big shoe!
                Q.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
                  Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Someone needs to hush those puppies, they're just a bunch of well healed tongues- or flip flops, as the case maybe!

roll Dang! How did I miss flip-flops especially during this election cycle. big_smile
                    Q

9. JSChams profile image60

We need an understanding here. What I am about here is the understanding that there is an unholy arrogance to claiming that Conservatives must be watched for voter suppression.
    Conservatives alone. If you subscribe to that you have no spine.

JS, Think about this, I am sure they will watch out for both, it is probably a good idea since the nation is so divided...and if Obama loses, my liberal, democratic, and progressive friends, will have nothing to say...right? Have a great night friend, nighty night, don't let the bed bugs bite smile

That article does not say that Tammy. I can appreciate you think it's nothing but it is something.
        If Obama loses there will be screams to high heaven of voter fraud and this sets the stage.
        Particularly if it's like by one state. Hence the discussion we had about Florida. You couple that with the rumors of rioting if Barack loses and well.............................

10. JSChams profile image60

It's just simply this.... I WILL NOT stand by and let the little your just totally evil and our crap doesn't stink game to continue one more day without a fight.
    It's a load and always has been and this development is just more propaganda designed to scare people with no good sense.
    It's far more evil to accuse people unjustly of something they cannot possibly yet have done. But that's what is happening. There is the assumption of wrongdoing when no substantial votes have even been cast.

11. Cody Hodge5 profile image69
    Cody Hodge5posted 11 years ago

I think someone needs a hug? Anyway, I admire that you fight for your beliefs, but you should try doing better than propaganda and half-truths. Your starting to sound like Romney. smile

Cody...I have seen a lot more elections than you have. I am not trying to be mean but you don't see the game.
      Like I just posted elsewhere if the R's are the problem why do we have R's?
      Why don't we just have D's and then everything would be right wouldn't it?
      Are you one of those folks that think republicans are evil and Democrats are the "good guys".
      You think it's that black and white?

Hey i know....let's pretend for a minute that the Republican nominee is not Romney....someone else.
      Let's call him Ernie Velveeta.

Is Ernie Velveeta evil?

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image69
        Cody Hodge5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does E. Velveeta believe that 47 percent of Americans are moochers? Does his VP pick believe that 30 percent of Americans are just takers?

Does he believe that getting money from his father, and then being handed his position at Bain from his boss from Bain Capital Group to start Bain Capital makes him an actual businessman?

Does he think that the Utah Olympics getting funds because the government made it a national priority after 9/11 make him the reason that the games in SLC were a success? Does he also have the arrogance to proclaim the he "saved the games as we know them."

Does he think he is a good politician because he had a mediocre run as Mass. governor?

Does he think that his own healthcare plan isn't worth running on a national level?

Does he come up with a tax plan that he can't actually implement?

Nope, is Ernie evil?

No Cody....I said he isn't Mitt so you can't brand him with Mitt.
          Is he evil

12. JSChams profile image60

None of you think this through. You just think Evil Republicans because you are told they are evil and whoever the guy is one the other side of the ballot with the R next to his name....well....he is evil.
    Who told you that?

13. JSChams profile image60

Here it is folks....the UN in this action just branded all Conservatives as possibly being complicit in nation voter fraud. Why....just the fact they are Conservative.

14. JSChams profile image60

There will be a push to have one party in this country. It will come from the Democrats if this election is razor close as it may be like 2000. It will be because, you know, twice now THE REPUBLICANS have commuted voter fraud when in fact they haven't
    That lie will not matter to many here.
    I mean after all JS......you are part of the evil.

15. Wayne Brown profile image79
    Wayne Brownposted 11 years ago

The UN has no place in America in terms of monitoring elections especially in light of the fact that a significant portion of its membership would not recognize the democratic approach to elections. There is only one reason they are here....at the invitation of the president...yet another symbolism of his appreciation for the American culture and how he wants to protect it.  No other president other than possibly Jimmy Carter would have even discussed such an occurrence.  Once they show up once, we lose control of that process to their introspection and guidance...is that what the average American voter wants to see.  The UN is an absolute joke yet more of our dollars go to support it than any others and we end up carrying the mail when the times get rough.  Referring to a UN Inspection Team or a UN Peace-Keeping Mission is about as close to reality as spotting a herd of unicorn grazing in some field. This president is giving our country away culturally, financially, politically, and socialistically.  You may think the UN is showing up to police the Black Panthers and other groups but you will be wrong.  Anything they come up with will ignore that aspect of the election process.  This is nothing more than an extension of the socialistic process and America better wake up to it for what it is and put the brakes on.  ~WB

We will ignore?....Like you guys ignore the spanish speaking signs misleading the true election date roll I could pull my hair uot at this round and round load of bull....Now I'm late for church...everyone have a blessed day smile

Basically there will no longer be free elections in America.

Hey there, Wayne. Nice to see you here.

I was wondering if you have done any research to support this claim. The OSCE has been observing US elections since 2002. Perhaps you missed the facts surrounding the invitation issued by President Bush’s State Department in 2004.

As you probably know from your research, there is a long-standing precedent for international observers covering our elections, one that goes back to 1990.  “OSCE members, including the United States, agreed in 1990 in Copenhagen to allow fellow members to observe elections in one another’s countries…Consistent with this commitment, the United States has already invited the OSCE’s Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) to observe the November 2, 2004, presidential elections.” {1} The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, the largest regional organization in the world, consists of 55 free nations. Members include Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain and the United States. I don’t see where we loose control of anything. According to JSC’s article, only 44 observers are planned. {2} Besides, our elections have been observed by international organizations for a long time. What sovereignty have we lost? Nada! Election laws and procedures are controlled by individual states and the federal government does not interfere unless individual civil rights are violated. Even foreign observers are controlled by individual states. Opening our election process for the world to see seems very "pro-democracy" to me.
      You have not told us why we will be wrong, Wayne. Unless you have something other than your personal opinion, all I see in your statement is the spreading of unsupported fear. Believe me. I don’t dismiss your concerns, Wayne. I am only saying to you, don’t tell us; show us! Show us something substantial if you have it.

I am really anxious to see your supporting evidence. Please share with us.
      Q.
      {1} http://www.wnd.com/2004/08/25977/
      {2} http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/26 … raud-group

16. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

No one should be badgering people at the polls.  If it takes third party observers to record and supress  this practice, I am all for it.

17. BloodRedPen profile image65
    BloodRedPenposted 11 years ago

Quill would make a great democrat congressman - He has the written filibuster down-pat LOL. I marvel at how many liberals have the ego to call themselves enlightened. Last time I stepped into the voting booth I seem to remember more than one party listed. "And as for voter suppression" You need an photo ID to get a welfare check, You need a photo ID and mailing address to get a social security check. If you live in a nursing home you needed 3 forms of ID to become a resident and you can absentee easily . Every interaction in American society requires an ID. How does requiring it to vote make any difference. It's just Liberal Loon Smoke And Mirrors.

1. Reality Bytes profile image76
      Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is not a Constitutional right!

Neither is this!

Nor this!

Not true! 

Voting is a Constitutional right, if the people want to require ID to vote.  There is procedures to Amend the Constitution!

Howdy BRP. I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of exchanging ideas with you before. It is nice to meet you.

I expect your sarcasm was unintentional since I only posited a link to a recent news story. Perhaps I misread the article. Did AG Abbott not say he would prosecute observers if they got close enough to observe?

I have never questioned the two party system nor have I ever challenged your right to your opinion. The very least you can do is respect my right to mine.

I did not mention photo ID requirements but, since you brought it up, I will comment.

Previously, legally registered voters who had met all of the state’s necessary requirements and had duly established their right to vote, did so under a system that proved itself to be widely successful. Today, those very same voters must meet new criteria that did not exist before. A new standard for citizenship has been needlessly added. Those who voted in the past but fail to meet the new standard will have their right to vote stripped away. Unfortunately, too many Americans with a photo ID think that they are more qualified to vote then those Americans who do not. That smacks of elitism and elitism is one of the dangers our republic revolted against.     

Photo ID requirements should be required of new registrants only and not imposed upon an existing electorate. Of course that would then defeat the whole purpose for enacting such laws. Pennsylvania’s GOP House Majority Leader Mike Turzai, has already boasted publicly that the new voter ID law was an accomplishment that would deliver the state to Mitt Romney in November.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8
      This law, like all laws, needs to be judge on its intent as well as its content.

Thank you, BRP, for commenting on my post. I am interested in knowing your opinions. I hope you have a great night.
      Q

18. BloodRedPen profile image65
    BloodRedPenposted 11 years ago

That is a atypical response - Hide behind the Constitution when it's convenient - But tear it up when it gets in your way.

1. Chams1956 profile image60
      Chams1956posted 11 years agoin reply to this

They learned that from the left you know.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Weren't you banned from Hubpages JSChams?

Have no idea who you mean.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
            A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Really? Even though you put JimbodaNimbo in both profiles and you're using "Chams'

Sorry, I apologize for the obvious mixup. roll

I forgive you. It's an honest mistake.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
            Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile

Yep, that's a classic. My personal favorite Bogart is The Maltese Falcon.

Hi JSC, Nice to see you back again. How many socks do you have in your draw? big_smile

Mostly odd pairs. The dryer has an effect where it generates a back emf which opens a space time rift. That's where your socks go.

I know exactly what you mean, JSC! I solved that problem a long time ago with safety pins. big_smile
            Q.

19. RecoverToday profile image82
    RecoverTodayposted 11 years ago

"DON'T YOU JUST LOVE POLITICAL THREADS!!????"

http://www.f1online.de/premid/003687000/3687673.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)