jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How neighborly are you?

1. ComfortB profile image88
    ComfortBposted 5 years ago

How neighborly are you?

If you found a substantial amount of money (say, over $100) in your neighborhood park, would you turn it in to the police?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5060424_f260.jpg

2. oz-vitez profile image77
    oz-vitezposted 5 years ago

Yes. Life is too short to take someone else's money. I only wish politicians would see it my way.

3. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

Well, I am not sure about turning it to the police just because I do not view the police as a responsible entity which could return the money. I for one have never gone to the police when I lost anything and so I would not think to turn anything in to the police either. Taking it and donating it could work welll if the owner cannot be found.

I did see a man drop a money-clip once and I told him about it as he was getting in his car to drive away. I thought about that for a long time because the money-clip was pretty fat ... it wasn't mine though and I don;t like taking things which are not mine unless I have permission to do so.

Money comes and money goes. Karma is karma though.

4. maxoxam41 profile image76
    maxoxam41posted 5 years ago

I won't. What I found in matter of money becomes mine and what I loose becomes theirs. If it's a personal object with identification, I give it back. If the wallet is full, I keep the money and send back important papers.

5. neeleshkulkarni profile image43
    neeleshkulkarniposted 5 years ago

if i could locate the owner from any documents in the purse would do that and return the money.
    if i could not do that i would donate all the money to charity

working