jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How significant is popularity in your life?

1. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

How significant is popularity in your life?

2. lj gonya profile image60
    lj gonyaposted 5 years ago

I suppose popularity is important to some extent in everyone's life, whether they want to admit it or not, because people by nature want to be wanted and appreciated. The older one gets, however, the less it really matters.

3. d.william profile image75
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

I agree with "lj gonya" to a certain extent.  Popularity is only important to the young.  When you get to retirement age the only thing that is important is peaceful and solitary living (with the exception of an occasional visit by relatives that you know will eventually go home)

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Having never been an extremely popular person, mostly because of my own shortcomings and introverted personality, popularity has never been a big issue.
    I have always work to try and gain the respect of people in my field, or people I work with, but as far as being popular with them, that has never been a real issue for me.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Not a factor in my life. When I was young there was always a group of kids considered the popular kids that we eyed with envy and I have no idea why now.  I had friends, boyfriends etc. but was not one of the "in" crowd as my best buddies when to Catholic school and I didn't.

As an adult it does not even enter my mind.  I just don't care.