jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Which is easier to manage, lots of money or little money?

1. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Which is easier to manage, lots of money or little money?

I used to be an assistant controller and did my job well and loved it.  But now I am unemployed have little to manage, but find it hard to decide how to divide among the wolves.

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

I don't think it makes that much of a difference. How you manage is a style or some may even call it a science. For some it takes a while to learn how they relate to money. For others, it comes easy, so a little or a lot it does not matter that much.

1. MarleneB profile image97
      MarleneBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on this. It's about the "style" in which you manage money that makes a difference. My husband and I went from six figures to no figures when we both became unemployed. Now, living on social security, we are living quite well.

3. Cre8tor profile image96
    Cre8torposted 5 years ago

I think it's easier to manage little money but then harder to manage the cost of life in the process. That said, I think those with a lot of money make it difficult on themselves to manage because they often spread it over multiple investments in an effort to obtain more. I too have sustained a drop in income from where I was a couple of years ago and though I struggle a bit financially from time to time, I like the simplicity of my life at the moment.

4. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

I bet the management of small amounts is less taxing compared to large amounts of money. This applies to volumes you have to handle. Skill however, applies to both amounts. As for sharing among competing ends, Priority has to command the decisions undertaken. All in all, we start small and end up big.

5. nextstopjupiter profile image81
    nextstopjupiterposted 5 years ago

For seventeen months I lived on 2$ a day, it was very easy to manage, and it was a lot of fun. Then I lived on 7$ a day for six months, it was not so easy and not so much fun, so I decided that it is better to live on 2$ or even less.