jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Is USA ready for a woman President?

1. zanaworld profile image65
    zanaworldposted 5 years ago

Is USA ready for a woman President?

I am just wondering of United States of America is ready for a woman President?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 5 years ago

It's ready at anytime, but it really depends on who decides to run for it. There will always be the sexists who refuse to vote for women, but they are not the majority. It's really about who gains enough momentum and actually gets the eye of the public. Not this election, but maybe next time when a woman decides to run.

1. MickS profile image72
      MickSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are also the sexists who will vote for a candidate because she is a woman as they did in the UK, when they elected the cow Thatcher to lead the British Government

3. Pandapocalypse profile image74
    Pandapocalypseposted 5 years ago

I think the US is absolutely ready for a woman president. I also think there needs to be better female candidates before we see one.  Last election cycle, we saw two of the worst politicians of all time, Palin and Clinton, running for office.  Neither one of them has the likeability, or credentials to be a realistic choice for president, so I wouldn't take their lukewarm reception as indicative of the national mood towards a woman president.

1. profile image0
      NikiiLeeReyesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Completely agree with you on the Palin part. Hilary is a smart, strong and capable woman, great P.R skills. I believe she has the potential. I don't think she would taint the image of a Woman running the White House.

2. Pandapocalypse profile image74
      Pandapocalypseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hilary has some strong political chops but she is way too big a supporter of media censorship for my tastes.  Additionally, whether its fair or not, I think she's too connected with too many scandals to ever be truly electable.  Just my .02.

3. profile image0
      NikiiLeeReyesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Enlighten me on her connections with scandals. In my opinion all she does for her country is honorable and quite noble. Shes an experienced leader, especially with a former president standing beside her. She has my votes. and of course my loyalty.

4. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 5 years ago

At this point, most Americans would just like to have a president, man or woman, that believed in the country's Constitution.

1. andrew savage profile image59
      andrew savageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you believe that everyone has a constitution? And if so, what should we do about people with a weak constitution?

5. twoseven profile image82
    twosevenposted 5 years ago

Definitely!  I think it's pretty amazing how many other countries have had female heads of state before the United States.  Amazing, and not in a good way.  But I think with the right candidate, our country is ready.

6. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

As long as she sincerely wants to improve our country, is competent to do so, and address the real issues at hand, I'm Okay with it. But if she has one thing in mind, and that is to be the first woman president, No. She has to understand her job would  just be starting upon election. Her accomplishments will be measured after. Unfortunately, we have a good example of that in office now. It's like , " OK, I did it! Now what? We do not need to repeat this again with a first anything.

1. andrew savage profile image59
      andrew savageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

... Are you saying that women who want to be in charge just for the sake of it are always late?
      If so, is this why Al Sharpton never wins valid recognition? Also, if this is really true, where are all of the votes for parties aside from the major 2?

7. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

Would a woman President help cure what ails the United States of America?  A female sitting in the Oval Office might be a good thing to help improve our country, here are some reasons why. read more

8. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

The United States of America was borne ready for a woman president... The proof is in her Constitution...
    A better question is: Are the American people of the US ready for a woman to lead as Commander and Chief?

An even better question is: Who are those whom are not ready for a woman in office, where do they live, and how do we as a people successfully get rid of them?

9. zanaworld profile image65
    zanaworldposted 18 months ago

I asked this question about 4 years ago, in May 2012.  Suddenly the question is looking more relevant.

Are there any new insight to this question?