jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Do you believe world peace is possible?

1. Peaceworks profile image60
    Peaceworksposted 5 years ago

Do you believe world peace is possible?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

No, I don't believe it is possible. There will always be someone who doesn't agree with someone else.

3. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

No, the evil in the world keeps it from happening. Clear out the evil, then it is possible.

4. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

I am hopeful.  Of course I want it, but to actually get it is another matter.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

When the human race is exterminated and all life as we know it is destroyed, then repopulated by a race with no emotions. Then, I believe in it.

Or if you're religious, I could tell you about the balance between good and evil. However much good there is, evil must have an exact amount. So basically it's certain death or world peace.

6. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

World peace is but a hope and a dream.

As long as evil lurks in the hearts of man...evil will persist.

The farther people walk away from God...the more evil they become.

It is not the differences that people have with one another that dictates strife; rather, it is the condition of their souls.

7. jeanniedoe profile image55
    jeanniedoeposted 5 years ago

Peace will only be attained if no personal interest will reign on human's mind and heart.

8. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I do believe it's possible; but it isn't going to happen in the next, say, ten years or so (that's for sure).  A lot of ignorance and aggression has been reduced since earlier times; but there's still "mild levels" of ignorance and aggression among people who don't even realize they have those things in them.  Gradual education of people who are already grown will probably keep happening, but more education (and better, more peaceful and more understanding thinking/approaches) can continue with each new generation of babies born.  Improvements in attitudes and thinking can take place a lot more quickly than one would often think they can.  I think peace (as with so many other things) can have more of a snowballing effect than people would realize (until/unless they see how it can go on).

People aren't designed to be ignorant.  Someone just doesn't teach them.  People aren't designed to be aggressive.  Someone just hasn't raised them not to be aggressive at all, or else someone hasn't taught them not to be.

The first thing the world has to figure out, though, is that those who are not aggressive; and those who are kind and respectful of others and the world, are not "too stupid" or "too weak" to be otherwise.  The world needs to figure out what REAL strength and REAL power is, rather than keep hanging onto ancient thinking that doesn't recognize that human beings who think the way to live is "by the laws of the jungle" are not the strongest, wisest, or most worthy of power.  Some people have learned that already and in the past.  There are still more who need to figure that out.

I don't believe that Nature (or God) designed human beings to be the sorry state-of-affairs that so many are, even after all this time on Earth.  They can be better than that.  Things have gotten better throughout the ages, and I think they'll keep getting better.

9. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I am an optimistic realist. While I hope for improvement, that is about as good as it could get because there are many people in this world that are not tolerant or respectful of other people's rights as human beings, let alone anything else. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen, possible, yes. Actually ever will happen, no. I truly hope that I'm wrong though.

10. Eli-Mitchell profile image61
    Eli-Mitchellposted 5 years ago

I don't belive it's possible. Take a look at human history. We have been fighting eachother for any reason we can find. For as long as we've been on this rock.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I read somewhere that going back as far as recorded human history (4,000 years or so), there has only been 14 days of peace on earth. How that number was attained...I do not know, but I thought the sentiment was rather profound.