jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the difference between being educated and learned?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

What is the difference between being educated and learned?

How do you quantify 'educated' and 'learned'?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i am far from being considered educated. i have little schooling by today's standards but to me it is irrelevant. an educated person is just that, someone who spent a lot of time in school. a learned person, in most cases has the intelligence to get ahead on their own and can learn from experience. i find in a lot of cases, they tend to be harder workers, expect less unless they actually work for it and are rarely as arrogant as an educated person.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The old cliche' "You live and learn" is so true. Life itself has taught me such valuable lessons. Both good and the bad from just living 43 years. Education is to me what someone else teaches you from a certain curriculum.

4. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Just playing a bit with words. One who is educated can become dated, uc. One who is learned, is led to earn . . .

5. Team Wiseman profile image82
    Team Wisemanposted 5 years ago

Education is something taught to you by another and to learn is knowledge you gain by experience and is something someone searches for. Even though the words have different meanings they certainly work together most of the time.