jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Is it time for the American people to demand to stop the failed "War on Drugs?"

1. slcockerham profile image77
    slcockerhamposted 5 years ago

Is it time for the American people to demand to stop the failed "War on Drugs?"

It's cost are 800,000 US citizens arrested every year and over $1 billion a year to keep those who are incacerated for simple possession charges! 88% of those arrested are for simple possession of marijuana charges. The frauds that started this war were based on lies so that political allies could make profits on oil based and wood products to take the place of hemp based products. Isn't it time that we stop this war whose majority of casualties are American and take the profits out of it for the drug cartels.

2. somethgblue profile image85
    somethgblueposted 5 years ago

Drug Cartels Hell, how do you think hundreds' of thousands of tons of marijuana and cocaine get into this country?

How can anyone in their right mind believe a country that can prevent anthrax (measured in the grams) from entering the country can't stop dope from entering.

Those that can afford to bribe congressmen and senators to keep it illegal not too mention port authorities, are the ones making the profits. The cartels are simple the seasonal workers and hired help!

Does anyone really believe the Mexican Border Wars are about illegal immigrants, get real it is about the drug trade.

The shipping tycoons are making tax free bank keeping America addicted, now prison is Big Business . . . demand all you want but nothing will change until We the People change!

3. dervishez profile image59
    dervishezposted 5 years ago

I think its all controlled and regulated by the government itself, people are not aware of the truth. I might be giving a hypothetical statement but if certain elements in the government sincerely wish to stop this phony war on drugs today, nothing could stop them from taking action. But, they have stakes involved and its like huge money risked on a gamble.

4. phion profile image60
    phionposted 5 years ago

Look at what the tea party has done, and will continue to do. It goes to show you that when we stand as a people, we can force the government to pay attention (not like the OWS joke of a movement). I wish the gop candidate had a little more Ron Paul in him. The bottom line is no one is willing to tackle this issue in the near future, but I imagine it will become more of an issue in a few years. This war has been a complete failure, and never should've been started.

1. slcockerham profile image77
      slcockerhamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey phion, Great comments about the war shouldn't have been started to begin with. Anyone who doubts the propaganda that started this needs to read " The Emporer Wears No Clothes." Jack Herer does a great job chronicling the lies from the business.

5. maxoxam41 profile image76
    maxoxam41posted 5 years ago

America showed the world that if it wants to win a war it wins. I guess the drug war (developed by Michael Ruppert in his books, documentaries) is undertaken very lightly since drug still penetrates the American soil. By drug I don't refer to Marijuana.

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
      Petra Vlahposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, maxomax,
      America showed the world that if it wants to win a war it wins?!
      When was the last time America won a war? It was Vietnam? It was Korea or maybe Iraq?
      As for the war on drags, I agree with somethgblue entirely; it is about money

6. slcockerham profile image77
    slcockerhamposted 5 years ago

For more great insight into the governments ties to illegal drug cartels read "The Underground Empire" by James Mills. As a journalist he followed Centac and wrote of gov. involvement. It would be hard to fund covert operations if they made hard drugs illegal.

working