What are the 3 tops things that Obama has accomplished throughout his presidency?
1. He has shown the voters it's such a bad idea to hire an arrogant, incompetent ignoramus to run the federal executive branch they're less likely to do it again.
2. He has thrown Keynesian political economic theory into disrepute.
3. He has made tax slaves of generations of Americans who will struggle all their lives to pay off the mountainous debt he has run up, securing his place in history as possibly the worst US president ever to hold the office.
1. Stabilized the American economy. When the Republicans first voted against the stimulus, the stock market lost 1000 points and they had to make a 180 degree flip flop turn and re-voted. Obama's leadership during the first two years was crucial, and we saw the stock market climb into the mid 12000's (before the debt ceiling mess) and unemployment begin to improve, albeit slowly. The economy continues to improve slowly, but it's remarkable that this is after several plunges caused by Republican intransigence. Just look at the votes on debt and jobs corresponding with stock market data.
2. Financial reform. I used to work for the bank and I was appalled at some of the practices. When I confronted management with it, they told me they (the corporation) couldn't take the higher road without incurring huge financial loss, and it would take an act of congress to make change happen so that all financial institutions played by the same rules and would thus negate the loss. Obama promised and delivered on the reforms I personally understood to be crucial to reform in the banking industry.
3. He has defeated Al-Qeada. Authorizing more targeted missile strikes in his first year than Bush did in eight, Obama has been relentless in pursuing terrorists, and with only one leader of Al-Qeada left, he might just be able to dust off that old mission accomplished banner before November.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 2 years ago
What will be the legacy of President Obama to America?
by Kathleen Cochran 14 months ago
Why isn't the presidency turning out to be as easy as Trump expected?And why did voters believe he could do things as easily as he said he could?
by crankalicious 5 years ago
I was thinking about this from a historian's perspective (I have an M.A. in History). My first caveat about this question is that, as a historian, I think it's misguided to try to evaluate president's while they're still in their presidency. It takes perspective and time to provide a proper...
by Harvey Stelman 8 years ago
Ever wonder why we have to depend on the foreign press to find out what's "really" going on in our own country. It's a good thing that Obama and the democrats don't own the Canadian press.. Here is what Howard Galganov predicts for Barack Hussein Obama - PLEASE READ:...
by Yves 18 months ago
Obama's Presidency is nearing it's end. What is his legacy, in your view?All opinions are welcome. I am interested to hear how different people view Barak Obama, as Commander-In-Chief.
by Steven Escareno 7 years ago
Okay, I know this probably isn't that big of a deal to some folks, but i thought i'd bring it up anyway. On the radio the other day, I was listening to two political analysts, and one of them still insists on labeling O'Bama a moron for how he's handled things from day one of his...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|