jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How to outsiders perceive India?

1. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

How to outsiders perceive India?

If you are from another country, what is your impression about India?

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

I work with Indians on compter issuse from Austrialia and the U.S. I think the people I know are hard working and intelligent. I like Bollywood, especially "Slum Dog Millionaire." I know India has many different cultures and like China, is the seat and creator of civilization.

3. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

Had 2 experiences decades apart at work:

Brahims look down on anybody who works with their hands. The Phd's  (IBM)

The tall skinny ones that talk super fast - Super Smart.  (INTEL)

4. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

I view India as a majestic land, filled with immense civilzation e.g. the Indus Valley civilizations and a strong religious culture.   India is one of the most exotic lands in Asia.  It is also becoming an economic superpower unbeknowst to many.

5. algarveview profile image90
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

Wonderful history, lovely traditions, booming economy, great development, but a lot of social issues to be sorted, for instance - I think it's just in parts of the country - the situation of women, the matter that having a girl is considered a bad thing in some parts of the country, etc, that is very confusing for me... But then again, maybe I don't have all the facts... I actually think it would be interesting a hub unveiling today's India from within...

6. Vegas Elias profile image30
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

'Algarveview' has answered the question well.

I would just like to add that India is a land of contradictions. There is immense development as well as poverty. There is immense level of education at the same time human rights issues like women's rights. India is a land of piece but at the same time it has it's own hiccups of violence every now and then.

What I can see is India will be what it is because it has been so for quite very long. What appears to the outsider as poverty or suppression of women may actually be an acceptable way of life.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i don't like the mentality of a lot of the people there. they act like India is a fair , kind place to live when it's not. it's human right issues are horrible , it's dirty in most places and if you are poor there, watch out. that said, i have friends that now live in Canada that are from there and they are cool people. most are glad they left India and are happy to be here.