jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Corporations Appropriating Spiritual Words

1. Dolores02 profile image60
    Dolores02posted 5 years ago

Corporations Appropriating Spiritual Words

How do you feel about corporations using words associated with spirituality for their products and advertising? example: the Kia Soul.

Feel free to add your thoughts on the corporate use and ownership of words and phrases  in general that were popular in our culture before they were bought up by the board.

2. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Better stop the pols first. They're worse about it.

3. pmorries profile image76
    pmorriesposted 5 years ago

An interesting question and I do not know how to answer it. It is funny that you mention Kia though because I used to own one. Someone, hit me at a stoplight, which totaled my car and the airbags never went off.

I do like to hear rich people say that they are wealthy because they have been blessed by God (give me a few sentences to explain). God may have blessed them but not because of anything they have done. For example, if you are born into a rich family, I do not think that God blessed you because you are so much better than anyone else. If a person truly believes this, then we should go back to the Divine Right of kings and become surfs.

1. Dolores02 profile image60
      Dolores02posted 5 years agoin reply to this

sir, i do believe that in one way or another, and under one set of names or another, that state of society will return. (if it hasn't already)   .... sorry, i say sir and madam a lot smile