jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax reports to be considered President of

1. KeithJK profile image59
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax reports to be considered President of the U.S.A?

2. lovemychris profile image59
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

He should have to pay taxes to be considered prez of the USA! This guy has $$ everywhere around the globe. Where is his allegiance?

1. KK Trainor profile image59
      KK Trainorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The tax return he filed last year and has released showed that he paid $3 million in taxes.

2. lovemychris profile image59
      lovemychrisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

3 mil on 21 mil he "earned". That's 13.9% rate. and I'm sure you've heard the rumor that he paid 0 tax for 10 years. Let's have it Mittens. And he thinks he has a hard deal here? what an ingrate.

3. KK Trainor profile image59
      KK Trainorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A rumor started by an idiot who has no problem saying something like that on the floor of the Senate even with no proof to back it up. Totally irresponsible from a failed leader of the Senate who should be doing his job rather than campaigning for BO

3. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

Personally, I don't really care. The character of the man is already pretty clear to see. However, it seems to be fairly standard practice, and not releasing them is only going to look incredibly suspicious. If there is something damning about them, then he should have released them a long time ago and given people a chance to forget. Waiting until this close to the election seems like a huge mistake. He isn't going to be left alone about it, and after the ridiculous birther nonsense which came form the Republicans about Obama, I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I'll start with the fact I am NOT a supporter. However by what I am hearing he already released a large amount of his taxes and people are just asking for more. The way I look at it, we should learn from the whole birth certificate issue and get everything out in the open from the start instead of waiting halfway through a presidency to release common sense information.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

First of all, I think that Mitt Romney would have to actually get elected to be considered President of the USA. Secondly, this not showing his tax records bit makes him look squirrely. If he has nothing to hide, why not show them?

6. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 5 years ago

Yes, since we all have to pay taxes I think Presidents and presidential candidates should. But more importantly to me is that whoever heads the IRS and the Fed Reserve should release their tax reports, and every single year. Anyone in government who exerts control over other the money/income of millions of people or enjoys deciding how our fiscal reserves are used should be required to have their own income and assets laid bare for public scrutiny.

7. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 5 years ago

He doesn't have to, but what is he hiding??

8. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

There is no requirement to release tax reports, and various presidential candidates have submitted differing numbers of years.

Mitt Romney admitted that he has much to hide. He said that he did not want to be attacked for what his tax returns revealed. This is an incredibly stupid thing to say when you are obviously trying to hide something.

I am much more concerned about his hypocrisy with the birther retardism, his destructiveness, his behavioral problems and his incompetence to serve as president.

And by the way, why don't his eyeballs move? That is not a good health indicator.