jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Chick-Fil-A never said they "hated" anyone, only that they stand on biblical pri

1. RichusFridum profile image60
    RichusFridumposted 5 years ago

Chick-Fil-A never said they "hated" anyone, only that they stand on biblical principles.

you want people to respect your views and values, why cant you respect others?

2. artblack01 profile image60
    artblack01posted 5 years ago

I respect everyone's views and values except when it comes to views and values that devalue another human being for any reason that is not justified.  Replace Homosexual with Black or Jewish and then tell me if that changes anything.

3. junkseller profile image87
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Cathy said. "I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about." http://www.christianpost.com/news/chick … PXEd2hL.99

Perhaps you have no problem when he says that about gay marriage. But, how would you feel if he said it about inter-racial marriage? Maybe you wouldn't call that hatred, but I seriously doubt you would have a good feeling about it.

That alone is enough for me, but Chick-Fil-A also donates money to organizations which actively participate in things like trying to 'cure' homosexuality and preventing same-sex marriage. I don't know about you, but to me, treating someone as if they were diseased and/or trying to prevent them from freely enjoying something you value, is not very nice. Call that whatever you want, but it looks like and feels like hate to me.

1. artblack01 profile image60
      artblack01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am with you 100%, junkseller.  How can we be tolerant to a group who is themselves intolerant.

working