jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Whose convention speech do you think will be more persuasive to undecided voters

1. nanderson500 profile image85
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Whose convention speech do you think will be more persuasive to undecided voters?

Obama's or Romney's?

2. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Romney isn't exactly a blank slate, but he's less known to the voters than Obama, with whom the independents (who make up most of the undecideds) grew thoroughly disillusioned some time ago. Assuming they're both good speeches, the balance leans to Romney by default.

3. Credence2 profile image81
    Credence2posted 5 years ago

I don't know if can really comment on that, it will be the issues and the levels of persuasion in regard to them from either camp that will win the day, Romney already has high negatives and therefore has a longer row to hoe to put at ease so many for whom his persona remains troubling.

I think that the debates will be much more telling. Lets see how the candidates fare when each is outside of freindly territory and have to address the questions of the American people without spin. Thats what I want to see.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I think all the endorsement speeches can be inspiring but it will have to be the speech of the actual candidate to persuade voters.  In Romney's case he will have to make himself known to the people and convince the people he can make the necessary changes.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

If an undecided voter chooses a politician based on the speeches he makes, that voter is an idiot.

1. profile image0
      Courtney Burkeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wrong. That is exactly what a moderate independent who is currently on the fence should do. That voter is making an educated decision, provided the decision is based on what is said rather than how it is delivered or what the speaker looks like.