jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What is the impact of Cint Eastwood's speech at the RNC on independent voters?

1. dianetrotter profile image74
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

What is the impact of Cint Eastwood's speech at the RNC on independent voters?

Commentators say the only voters impacted by Clint Eastwood's speech are the independents.

2. ib radmasters profile image60
    ib radmastersposted 5 years ago

The only people that were IMPACTED by Clints speech were the people that listen to the media, and the tweeters.

It was hilarious, no more, no less.
    Anyone that makes it a distraction from the RNC convention shouldn't be eligible to vote.

dianetrotterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you ib.  He expressed himself (period) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

3. dianetrotter profile image74
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

I was certainly cracking up.  My husband came in saying, "Oh, Romney is trying to distance himself!"  I said it was entertaining and I loved it.

4. Chris Dane profile image60
    Chris Daneposted 5 years ago

What a disaster! To have treated Ron Paul and his supporters the way they did, all to control and manufacture a facade. And then, they let this celebrity ramble on for ten extra minutes and steal Romney's night, you have to ask, what harm would there have been in letting Ron Paul have his due? This convention sacrificed true party unity and consensus building for fake presentation and production values that failed anyway. Clint Eastwood highlighted everything that is wrong with the RNC and establishment. Romney is screwed without younger supporters who were betrayed every day of the convention.

I must have missed something.  I thought Ron Paul said he wasn't going to participate.

5. wmhoward4 profile image70
    wmhoward4posted 5 years ago

There are those who feel it is OK to joke about Republicans but NEVER shalt thou joke about Barack Obama.

The Eastwood bit was funny and not all that unfair. However, teams of activists were set to attack it and him. Andrea Mitchel pre-empted 3-minutes of Marco Rubio's speech just to bash Clint.

On the other hand, on the Ed Show or Bill Maher show, republican women are often referred to in very sexually charged terms that would not be tolerated if directed at any other women.

I fear the day when we will be told what we may or may not talk about. It seems we may be getting close.

WM, unfortunately I have to agree with you.  There is rarely unbiased reported by the media.

6. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

Clint is the man. He made my day.

He has a new movie coming out in 3 weeks entitled "Trouble with the Curve" that just might win him another Oscar. He should get an Emmy for his show at the RNC.

What his "performance" did at the RNC was to give the Obamabalony machine one more excuse for NOT talking about what has happened in the past 4 years. Fine with me. I'm tired of listening to the same old spin spun again and again.

His humorous delivery made it very memorable.

2. wmhoward4 profile image70
      wmhoward4posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hollywood may disqualify him from an Oscar for politically incorrect activity.  However, if plenty of people see the movie, he might not care anyway.

working