jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do You Think You Will Be Voting This Election?

1. toknowinfo profile image89
    toknowinfoposted 5 years ago

Do You Think You Will Be Voting This Election?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes. I keep trying to remember to vote, but I never do my research first. This time I'm trying to focus on getting the facts before voting.

3. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

I was indoctrinated at a young age in the civic duty of voting. I make a point of doing it every election, local, State and national. Though the choices we the people are allowed by the political system belie the idea we have free and open elections, I still go to the poll, every time. I won't criticize those who have decided the best policy is to boycott this corrupt system, though. They have a valid point of view.

4. JayeWisdom profile image94
    JayeWisdomposted 5 years ago

Yes, I will vote.  As long as I am alive and conscious, I will get to the polls to vote for the candidates I believe are most qualified and best for the country.  Any citizen who doesn't vote has no right to later complain about the election results (even if the candidates he or she prefers don't win). In the U.S., the right to vote was won for women and people of color over a long period of time, and should never be taken for granted. I'm not thrilled with the way this country's political system works, but even an "imperfect" democracy is preferable to a dictatorship.

5. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Yes, I will definitely be voting and am hoping that everyone will get out and vote!

6. CJWood71 profile image85
    CJWood71posted 5 years ago

Yes, I always vote in elections.  I feel that we are lucky to live in a country that allows us to have a say in how our government is run and we should never take that for granted.  America is going through some trying times right now, as is the rest of the world.  It is especially important in these difficult times that we all let our voices be heard.

working