Who do you think will do better in the Presidential Debates, Obama or Romney?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Nathan Orf profile image67
    Nathan Orfposted 11 years ago

Who do you think will do better in the Presidential Debates, Obama or Romney?

Now that the Conventions are over, we can get back to the actual campaigns. A key part of both campaigns is to nail the Presidential Debates. Will the President do better, or will Romney? Why do you think so?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7128226_f260.jpg

2. Attikos profile image82
    Attikosposted 11 years ago

Obama will, as always, shine in the red meat department, throwing one chunk of it after another to his slavering partisan dogs. Romney will take it on the issues, but his presentation will be lackluster, so some of it will be lost in the emotional staging of the affair. Each will reinforce his supporters, appeal to none of the other's. They'll be a wash.

Nathan Orfposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I like this answer. Very true, very concise.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Obama will of course. Romney will put his foot in his mouth. Romney is not a true politician. Obama is.

4. Ellieface profile image56
    Elliefaceposted 11 years ago

Neither one. They are both puppets, liars and two sides of the same coin.

As an ardent Obama supporter, I'm inclined to agree with you.

5. cathylynn99 profile image75
    cathylynn99posted 11 years ago

i think romney will be exposed as a slaughterer of the american dream, a foreign policy buffoon, and friend of no one but the greediest of the rich.

6. 34th Bomb Group profile image59
    34th Bomb Groupposted 11 years ago

Obama is clearly off his game. No more soaring rhetoric. I think he's baffled by the lack of enthusiasm in the crowd. He may be a great politician but he's a lousy President.

I wonder what you made of the enthusiasm shown at the DNC? I thought the Democratic delegates were far more enthusiastic than the enthusiasm shown at the RNC.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I am not an Obama fan but I do believe he will excel in the debates because he is a brilliant orator.  I have rarely heard anyone who can give a speech the way he can.

But can he explain his policies or offer any bright new ideas in the debates?

2. cathylynn99 profile image75
      cathylynn99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

obama is a brilliant orator because he is a brilliant man. romney's IQ is a full 20 points lower. it's a complicated world. give me a smart president.

3. 34th Bomb Group profile image59
      34th Bomb Groupposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He is a brilliant orator when he has a teleprompter in front of him. It's become quite evident that when he speaks "off the cuff" he wanders all over the place. Hopefully he'll make an ass of himself.
      He won't be able to explain anything.

8. Conservative Lady profile image70
    Conservative Ladyposted 11 years ago

Even though all of the moderators are Liberal Obama maniacs I think we will see Romney shine because he is capable of speaking off the cuff and truthfully, something Obama could never do well.

1. bworthington profile image60
      bworthingtonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do find it interesting that your comment refers to the moderators as Obama maniacs, yet in your response to my statement, my reference to Romney as Willard is considered childish. 

Just something I noticed.

9. bworthington profile image60
    bworthingtonposted 11 years ago

While I plan to support the President in this upcoming election, I will base my answer on a more pragmatic reason: President Obama wins the battle of specifics when it comes to policy.

For a majority of his campaign, Willard Romney has sought to provide as little detail as possible regarding his policy positions.  During the debates, Obama can press him on the "How?" when it comes to actually accomplishing his proposals.

While the current tepidness of the recovery can be a potential obstacle the President will need to deal with, the fact is the economy is growing.  Not as quickly as everyone would like, but growing none the less. 

The question will inevitably be, if the economy is growing, how can it be claimed that the country is going in the "wrong direction"?

From a message standpoint, the question of how is anything that Willard Romney is proposing different from the policy positions that resulted in the current economic downturn will also be front and center.  And given his aversion to answering the hard questions, it is very likely that this question will be the one that will trip him up.

1. Conservative Lady profile image70
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wondering why you are referring to Mitt Romney as Willard when he is running by "Mitt" ? Can I just call Obama "Hussein" because I want to? Seems childish to me.

2. bworthington profile image60
      bworthingtonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Willard is Romney's real name.  If you choose to call Obama Hussein, feel free.  Many conservatives have called him that and worse over the years. 

That said, it seems interesting that you chose to comment on that, yet not on the points I raised.

3. Conservative Lady profile image70
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I found very little "fact" in your so called points - can't argue against someone who makes it up as they go.  Reagan inherited a much worse economic situation than Obama did but Reagan managed to make us fiscally solvent in his first term.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)