If its true that we are here to help others, what are the "others" doing here?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (27 posts)
  1. benisan85745 profile image59
    benisan85745posted 11 years ago

If its true that we are here to help others, what are the "others" doing here?

2. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

Here as in HP or here as in the world? Either way I think the world is pretty simple. You help other and the others some how help others. The others that can not really offer anything help teach by example. The horrible people teach the good people to be better. Everyone, no matter what, offers something.

benisan85745posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Funny, I never really gave much thought to my own question. I was just being a Momo and asking a sarcastic question in humor. More of a 'math' type of thing. Half helps....the other half....whats the...other half...doing? My bad if it came out wrong.

2. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love your answer peeples - well said.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image90
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

Um, this is one of those "who's on first" kinds of questions, isn't it? My guess would be that they're waiting for their turn to help?

'sup Georgiegirl, I'm kind realizing how I worded the question...it was that or me ask: "Are you the kind of friend that you would want to be friends with"?
      How everything with you?
      Ka'imi'loa

2. Georgie Lowery profile image90
      Georgie Loweryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Would I want to be friends with me? Not with this attitude problem I got! I'm funny though, so maybe. I'm also good, but cranky because NY is getting COLD! I'm also trying to remember how to do the Macarena. Don't ask.

3. benisan85745 profile image59

I'd hate to know that I would borrow money from myself and never return it...only to ruin the only friend I had....and it its shoulder, shoulder; hip, hip; twirl your hips, and jump quarter turn and repeat..."Heeeey Macarena"!
      Lord shoot me now....

4. Georgie Lowery profile image90

I'll be honest. I'm slightly disturbed that you know that! tongue

5. benisan85745 profile image59

Girlfriend, if there is one thing my mama taught me, was to pay attention to the little things a girl wants, and how to dance....everything!

6. Georgie Lowery profile image90

Oh, I don't dance. When I do, I look like a duck-donkey with eleven feet! The really funny part is that you probably think I'm exaggerating. I'm not. smile

7. benisan85745 profile image59

....its the "duck-donkey" combo that I am trying my hardest to visualize, and not nine, nor twelve, but eleven feet....Hmmmmmm?

8. Georgie Lowery profile image90

Come on, now. Like a platypus, only bigger and less graceful (and more annoying). And that one foot is always off tempo!

9. benisan85745 profile image59

I kind of figured it would be that, what I remember about horrible dancing, was our junior high social dances. Everyone looked like penguins making small circles.

4. puregrace profile image68
    puregraceposted 11 years ago

Sometimes we are the ones needing help and sometimes we are the ones giving help...we all get to be one or the other!

Well said, mahalo for your contribution to this weirdly asked question of mine.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image92
    cat on a soapboxposted 11 years ago

It is give and take for all of us. We balance each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Its amazing, I trying to remember what state of jind I was in when I wrote this question to be answered. Everyone seems to interpret it in so many fashions.

6. profile image0
    vonda g nelsonposted 11 years ago

Anyone "concerned" with what someone else is doing says alot about alot.  But since your question wasn't really serious, I'll leave it at that.
    O.k. ....so I see that you revised it a bit.  I am definitely who I want to be to whoever I've considered (and know) is a friend.  There is nothing like it and no experience on earth can replace it.

Ms. Vondagirl, I'm sure you are a delight to have as afriend. Your profile pics lets me know you do not tolerate bullsh*t, and I like that in an individual.

7. unknown spy profile image42
    unknown spyposted 11 years ago

i think those "others" would help others who we cannot help.. pay it forward kind of thing.. smile

Nice, I like that...

8. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

The world is full of people in need. Always has been always will be. As far as the "Others" you talk about, At times in our lives we are the others. We are all here just trying to make it through this hard, cruel world. Sometimes we ALL just need a helping hand. Be it a word of encouragement, Whatever it may be, We will all see it at times. And hopefully we can be there for others as well. We all bleed red my Friend.

9. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

benisan.....Look at it as a huge circle......as some are helping others......those others are taking heed of kindness and learning it's vital to pay it forward...to others......until a full rotation, round the circle is completed and a new group begins this sharing, to keep the circle moving......for as long as there are others to help..
    A circle of kindness is unique....we may not know where it began, but we know we do not want it to end........

That would definately be one way of looking at this situation

10. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

Yes. We are here to help each other. The "others" are here for us to watch and learn what not to do.

Simply put...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)